Is there somewhere....

peacebypiece
on 8/2/15 3:22 pm

Hi all;

i am new here and am from the Ottawa area. Is there anywhere that provides a list of:

1) wait times for the process (realizing that some people need different tests, etc)

2) reviews/thoughts from patients on surgeons 

thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to learning from you all (and once I am further down this road, sharing my learnings with others).

Best,

Karen

Mas
on 8/2/15 9:23 pm

Hi

re wait times if you google weight management clinic Ottawa hospital it will take you to the site where the programs are described....click on programs and learn more...there are links to wait times for each program there in a box on the right side if screen.  Click on surgical.  It is fairly accurate in my experience. 

This site OH provides lots of insights and support.  Don't have any other suggestions re reviews etc. 

all the best.....

tatirod
on 8/3/15 3:37 am - Toronto, Canada

You might find surgeon ratings on Rate MD, but those reviews tend to be skewed towards the negative. I have looked up doctors I had first time appointments with and went in terrified at the horror I had read. They both turned out to be great. 

You can search the forum here when you know who your surgeon will be. Or, you can post a new thread asking about personal experiences. I have a feeling you will get a more honest viewpoint from the patients on this site.

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

roxytrim
on 8/3/15 6:46 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

I don't have anything to add, but Welcome peacebypiece (love the handle) 

peacebypiece
on 8/3/15 3:24 pm

Thanks for the info and the welcome!! Much appreciated.

Most Active
Recent Topics