Surgery and Hip replacement

fiercebynature
on 8/15/15 11:11 am

Hello everyone.

I'm just reading lots of posts about walking after surgery and I will, however I am in need of a new hip and walking is  more than  difficult.

Not sure if anyone can answer this, or has or is experiencing this, but after surgery how soon would I be able to have my Hip Replaced.

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

Kittykatt1329
on 8/15/15 7:42 pm - Alfred, Canada

Hey there

this is my timeline for surgeries I have had. 

Dec 2013 I had my left hip replaced then had gastric bypass on May 23 2014, and then right knee replaced dec 2014.  With my two replacements I was only given a general and not under completely.  They told me as long as was 2-3 months recovery from each surgery would be fine. But mine was approx 7 month after and that was just die to surgeons scheduling.  

Good luck 

cathy 

fiercebynature
on 8/19/15 5:15 pm

Thanks Cathy

Your reply is greatly appreciate, I've been worried about when I could get the hip done. Lots of pain, not much movement I'm sure you know and work has put me on sick leave because of it. I was  feeling overwhelmed and you have help monumentally!!

Thanks!

Susan

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

Kittykatt1329
on 8/20/15 5:07 am - Alfred, Canada

Good luck with your upcoming surgeries. I know if had to do all over again I would have had bypass first so could of lost weight before my hip replacement as recovery would have been so much easier if I didn't weigh so much. 

If if have any questions let me know. 

Cheers

cathy 

Most Active
Recent Topics