What are you eating/doing today ( Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 8/27/15 1:22 am

RNY  6 Years 4 Months Post Op

Morning

Heading out shortly to drive to London for a golf tournament.  Will get home just in time to clean up and back out the door for the football game.  Yes Karen - my Ti-Cats    who are in first place by the way.

STEPS - 7630

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - Hard boiled egg

S - 1 oz cheese

L - I have no idea - hoping for something protein forward but there is no choice as we are served our meal post game.  I have a cobb salad in my stats

D - at game - 3 oz beef brisket

1 large meatball

S - halftime - 1 bag of chips and 1 Light beer

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,490,  Carbs - 56 Grams,  Fat - 77 Grams,  Protein - 120 Grams

All water and vits - more decaf coffee

Have a great one  

TanyaLH
on 8/27/15 1:51 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 years 3 months post op

steps 3793

Barb, I hope you still get to golf when you get here, been raining through the night.

Eats will still be very light today. Not liking this BRAT diet at all.... I will do it again today and see if it helps.

Be well everyone

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 8/27/15 2:00 am

Hope you're feeling better soon Tanya.  I still love chicken soup when unwell.

I have to show up regardless of rain - its a team event.  Will play thru rain - just not lightning.  I checked the hourly forecast and it looks good - but what do they know eh?

Karen M.
on 8/27/15 2:52 am - Mississauga, Canada

Tanya, sorry to hear you're still not well! You must be feeling very drained with all of this. I hope today is a better day for you!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 8/27/15 3:28 am

Good morning everyone.  Barb enjoy your golf and football game and the beer.  Tanya I would hate the BRAT diet, hoping you get well soon.

Today it's swimming (yesterday they put Latin music on at the pool and I tried to do my own Zumba in the pool.  Everyone else did the regular exercises, haha) a Zumba class this evening, get an xray, errands and general household drudgery.

1 year, 1 month post op

B. Large iced decaf protein coffee

S.Large Skinny Latte after swimming

L. Slightly risque blue cheese and buffalo sauce sausage (2 left in the package) salad

S. another decaf coffee

D. Sole stuffed with shrimp and scallops (made myself) salad

S. Deli turkey rollup with cheese and zesty pickles

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 8/27/15 4:29 am

Risqué - love it lol

new_me180
on 8/27/15 8:42 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Sorry you still feel crappy Tanya, get well soon.

Karen M.
on 8/27/15 3:37 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Go.... Ti-Cats...? ;)  Enjoy your day of golf, nice cooler day for it!

Off to work for the day, have an errand to run at lunch, have to hit Costco on the way home (I'm sort of dreading this today!), hopefully an early night. I've been up every night this week with foot/shin cramps and I am so done with this. Going to try taking my potassium at dinner instead of breakfast and see if that makes a difference. Grrrr.

9.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - GNC Total Lean (banana)

S - Source Greek (strawberry), a few green grapes (god these are good this year)

L - leftover dinner - BBQ steak sliced thin with sautéed onions/peppers/mushrooms

S - not sure that I'll need one, bringing a muffin-tin crustless quiche

D - 4 oz rotisserie chicken (thank you Costco), approx. 1/2 cup sweet kale salad

S - not sure yet, likely just coffee/tea

Happy Friday Junior!

K. :)

Karen

Delicious_Delilah
on 8/27/15 10:01 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hey Karen,

For your leg/foot cramps, you might also want to try a magnesium supplement in addition to the potassium.  I was having wicked thigh cramps (I mean, real screamers!), and magnesium was suggested to me by my personal trainer.  Also had a chance to talk to my clinic about it, and they thought it was a good idea (and might actually counterbalance some of the side-effects of the additional iron I was taking...bathroom-wise!)  After being on it, cramping is almost completely gone -- only time I've had it since is when I was a bit dehydrated following one of the scorching hot days that we recently had.

Just a thought.

DD

Karen M.
on 8/27/15 12:11 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Very good suggestion, thank you. Can't hurt to try it.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics