What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

birdiegirl
on 8/26/15 1:36 am

RNY  6 Years 4 Months Post Op

Morning

Lots on the go.  I will be glad when this week is finished and I can get back to my normal routines

STEPS - 5568

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1 hard boiled egg

L - Grilled chicken and spinach salad

S - 1 oz cheese

D - 1 cup of tomato/onion/pepper and feta salad

5 oz grilled chicken

S - Jello S/F pudding with squirt of topping

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,049,  Carbs - 57 Grams,  Fat - 34 Grams,  Protein - 117 Grams

All water and vits - more decaf coffee

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 8/26/15 3:52 am

Good morning everyone.  As Karen would say "Happy Hump Day".  Barb I hope your week flies by.

Today it's swimming, yoga, lots of calls, coffee with a friend, and laundry and general household drudgery.  I must say that I am really looking forward to the yoga.  Never thought that would be the case, but it really gives my back a good stretch and after the breathing exercises I feel so much calmer and ready to take on the work.  Swimming makes me feel strong, hell I am the Aqua Queen, lol, but yoga is important for my physical well being too.  Yoga makes me less inclined to want to smack the stupid out of people that are saying ridiculous things.  What are your coping techniques?

1 year, 1 month post op

B. Iced protein decaf coffee

S. Skinny latte

L. Marc Angelo Blue Cheese and Buffal sauce sausage.  These don't taste bad, but the blue cheese quirts out this white thick sauce.

S. Another iced coffee

D. Salad, 3 chicken wings

S. Deli turkey rollup with laughing cow cheese and a few pickles

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 8/26/15 4:09 am

whoa! Those sausages sound x-rated! 

Karen M.
on 8/26/15 4:31 am - Mississauga, Canada

Now that you mention it.....

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 8/26/15 6:43 am

I know, try eating one without getting squirted on. It's better to cut them up than take a big bite, lol.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 8/26/15 4:29 am - Mississauga, Canada

You've made me consider trying yoga again. The last time I took a class I weighed about 300 pounds and couldn't breathe let alone get into poses! I'll have to see what's offered at the Community Centre this fall and see if it'll fit into my schedule.

Do you mean coping techniques for stress or...?

P. S. I'm sorry but that sausage sounds a bit vile. lol

Karen

crqvingchange
on 8/26/15 6:50 am

I know what you mean about the sausage. But it tastes good and has good stats so I'll finish the package. 

Yoga helps me let things go. I can let stupid comments roll off my back with a smile. It does help with stress and it is helping my back heal. To be clear, this is gentle yoga I'm talking about. It's about 2/3 gentle stretching, and 1/3 breathing exercises and meditation. You know when you accidentally fall asleep in meditation that you're relaxed.

Wenders8
on 8/25/15 8:59 pm, edited 8/25/15 8:59 pm

Good morning!  Today is the start of a few busy but exciting days as we go into full wedding prep mode!  Off wor****il Tuesday!  I will be trying my best to make sure I get enough food in, I may have to have a few protein bars handy just in case.  so here is my proposed menu..

10 weeks post op

B- scrambled egg whites with jalapeños cheese and salsa

S- Greek yogurt

L - blackberry protein drink

D- 1/2 cup kale salad with 3 oz Turkey breast

all water and vitamins

Karen M.
on 8/26/15 4:07 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

Barb, great news about your ferritin (saw your post yesterday) - that is really promising. Hopefully it'll have similar results for me.

Had a great time at coffee night last night - small group but hilarious conversation. I love these people! I was thrilled to have two new people join us (Anna/Yolanda if you're reading, it was wonderful chatting with you!). Off to work for a fun-filled day - the final development and tweaks on our new software is (apparently, I'll believe it when I see it lol) ready and we're going to go live today. (You'd think I was in IT - I'm not) Other than that, an early night. I'm slightly grouchy because my lower back is hurting (why?!) but I'm sure I'll live to tell about it. Perhaps I need a shiny new office chair! ;)

9.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - GNC Total Lean (banana..... sooooo good)

S - Source Greek (peach), handful of green grapes

L - small whole wheat tortilla with ham, swiss, lettuce, cucumber rolled up inside it

S - regular muffin-tin sized crustless quiche

D - 4 oz BBQ chicken breast, sautéed onions/mushrooms/peppers/snow peas

S - not sure yet

Have a wonderful Wednesday (Happy Hump Day!),

K. :)

Karen

Roma
on 8/26/15 7:18 am
RNY on 06/15/15

Your coffee night sounds so fun!

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Most Active
Recent Topics