Totally frustrated and ready to cry

Canadajet
on 8/26/15 2:45 pm

i finally had my appt with Dr glazier on August 4.  Waited 1.5 hrs for a five min appointment.  Ok I do not need to do anything .ie any additional tests.  Make the call to,Dr klein's office that same day and given an appointment sept 9 and to bring money to purchase optifast.  I also give them the phone number to call me during the day as I work.  Felt happy and excited that surgery is near.  Booked half a day vacation due to location and staff advising that he is not on time.  Aug 18 called that they are cancelling appt and rebooked for sept 23.  I rescind my vacation day and ask for 23 of sept.  I came home from work only to receive another voicemail on my home number that the 23 needs to be cancelled.  I have been on this journey with hrrh since May 2014. They lost my initial referral and my doctor had to resend. Sometimes I regret not asking to be transferred elsewhere.I thought base on other posts that by this time I would have my date for surgery.  Just angry and sad now. I will wait to see tomorrow what his office will offer. I am already prepared that the surgery will be in 2016. As for what month. That will be the guess. 

Helna_Handbasket
on 8/26/15 4:43 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

No words of wisdom, just sorry this is happening.  Hang in there. 

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

Canadajet
on 8/26/15 5:33 pm

Thanks just upset. It will pass. But great for you. Do you feel good?

Helna_Handbasket
on 8/26/15 6:25 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

I'd be upset too.  I've found we have to be our own advocate, which it sounds like you're on top of things, which is great.

I'm doing fine.  Been at a weight loss stall for a few weeks.  Frustrated.  Slow to heal, but all in all - I feel good, grateful and happy.  It was worth the wait to lose the weight.

Canadajet
on 8/27/15 3:08 pm

Thanks for the reply.  I am glad you are feeling good.  I am sure that the weight loss stalls can be typical based on posts that I have read.  Remember to be positive.  We are worth it !

Helna_Handbasket
on 8/27/15 5:57 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

We are totally worth it!!  Keep us all posted on your status ok? 

This G.
on 8/26/15 6:05 pm - Canada

Sorry to hear about your situation. I can understand why you are upset. 

Havw you called to speak with them since the last call? I would explain that you've already changed your vacation  to the second surgery date and you are unable to change it again. Maybe they will be able to find you another slot? 

Surgeon: Dr Hagen. Start Opti Aug 18th. Surgery Sept 1st 2015

Roma
on 8/26/15 6:09 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

Sorry to hear that is happening. It  sounds frustrating and unfair.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Canadajet
on 8/27/15 3:01 pm

I finally got through to Dr. Klein's office today.  The secretary sympathized and said that this is the hard part of her job.  Having to call patients to cancel appts because he is so busy and they never know when he will be in the office.  She gave me an appt for Sept 21.  So, cross my fingers that this appt will NOT be cancelled.  I went back to my employer and switched my vacation.  No one at work knows what is happening.  My husband is very supportive and my best friend.  Thank you everyone for the comments.  Feeling better.  Just ready to have the surgery, and start my road to a thinner me and feeling healthy and happy.  

adaptation
on 8/27/15 3:13 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/23/15

Don't let the little stuff get you down.  It won't be long now!

Orientation (TWH): 11 Feb 15 || SW: 17 Apr 15 || NP: 25 May 15 || Class: 2 June 15
Psych: 11 June 15 || Dietitian: 18 June 15 || Surgeon: 14 Aug 15 || Surgery: 23 Oct 15

Most Active
Recent Topics