NSV amazing how many people care

HKT53
on 8/26/15 10:10 pm - Toronto, Canada

My daughter is 39 years old, works in HR of a large corporation. She has been right by my side through thick and thin with my journey to RNY as a revision to previous WLS. It's been quite a ride for both of us. Her caring and nervousness over the outcome of my surgery, compelled her to tell people at work about my story. She used her vacation days to come with me to Dr's visits and to stay with me after surgery. Every day at work someone would ask her "how is your Mom?". And she would give update of where I was in the process. These people who don't know me would always say "tell your Mom our prayers are for her speedy recovery". This would comfort my daughter because, quite frankly, she was much more nervous than I was about my surgery. People stopped her in the hall, asking her how I was doing? My daughter always thanked them for their prayers and assured then I was doing well. Today a lady retired and My daughter attended the retirement party. At the end she approached the lady and said, thank you for your prayers for my Mom. She is 7 weeks out and feeling great. The lady grabbed her hand and said, you just made my day. "I wanted to know how your Mom was after her surgery. I just couldn't leave without knowing that you and your Mom are fine."

Amazing how many people care. People that don't even know me. Except that they somehow know my daughter is a reflection of me.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Zizzler
on 8/27/15 1:34 pm

Oops I acidentally hit report instead of reply, sorry.  That is a really nice nsv to share and it sounds like you have people who care about you. It's such an emotional journey eh?

Karen M.
on 8/27/15 2:43 pm - Mississauga, Canada

"hit report instead of reply"

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics