A new Bra, finally!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/15 12:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I had my surgery April 16th 2014 and have reached my goal weight and stopped losing and maintained 156 pnds.  I wear size small or medium tops and small jackets.

Finally, over a year + later I went bra shopping today as I only had one bra that kinda fit but when a guest at a recent party asked if I also had a breast reduction I realised that it did not fit very well as it flattens them.

Anyway, I first went to Victora secret and Lavie en Rose but nothing fit and they were to small in the cup size.  Finally I decided to try Additionelle,   I am 32/34 around but a  DDD.  But...for Bra size what fits well is a 36 DDD Soft cup;  it fits really well.  It is such a hard size to find and there was only one in the store.  Ughhh....well one down and I will keep searching.  I new this would be difficult but it is crazy how hard it is to find a bra that fits well...  The small struggles I have to face such as finding bra's that fit are fun things to complain about compared to pre-surgery......    

Solstice
on 8/29/15 1:03 pm
RNY on 11/27/14

I finally decided to go to a specialty lingerie shop in London On called "My Top Drawer". They have stores in other cities. I told them my story, and got measure, then the sales person found a brassiere for me, and fitted the straps for me as well. It fits so well, and made such a difference for me. Until I have breast reduction...it will do.

Solstice

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/15 1:59 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Awesome, that sounds like a good idea.  thks.

Zizzler
on 8/29/15 7:46 pm

That's so funny, I had the same thought today out shopping.  I noticed how flat and small my breast looks and I was not pleased.  In Ottawa there is a place called Marianne's at Westgate shopping centre, they carry all sizes and have trained bra fitters to help you.  I have not been there post-op yet but pre-op it was the only place I could find something that fit me. It is not cheap but they can help. I am amazed that you still have a DDD cup size, mine were DDD pre-op but now they are a C cup bordering on a B.  Did you not shrink in the breast at all or were they a larger size before?  Sorry to be nosey but I am curious (and jealous too :0)).  I find almost all bras do not contain the extra skin around the breast to create a smooth look, its is really frustrating.   This is the only one I have now, it is the only one I have found that keeps everything in:  http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playtex-style-5251-medium-suppor t-with-micro-thin-foam-lined-cups-soft-taupe/1255158708283 Still, it is not as supportive as I would like.  The search continues!  Good luck and let us know if you find any good ones.

Kittykatt1329
on 8/30/15 4:28 am - Alfred, Canada

Zizzler

i went to Mariannes and they kinda of fitted me(although seemed was like a chore for sales girl) told me I need a 36 b down from 38 ddd, think when I said are u sure is when she really stopped helping me, she gave me one and was on the 2nd snap and said is perfect for me so I believed her.  Wore it to work next day and well, I was almost falling out, of course I couldn't return it as they made sure to say final sale.  So I found this place in Westboro called bra chic.  I highly recommend it, they are so good and helpful(yes expensive) but I have a great fitting bra now and is size 32e. That is there sizing there but really is about 32 b

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/15 5:22 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi Zizzler,

I have always been large chested and smaller waisted.  People used to be shocked when I told them I weighed 260 (presurgery) and I got asked many times why I was having the surgery as I did not look that big (I disagree as I was 100 pnds overweight)....    Pre surgery I was a 40 H....  so to be a DDD now is quite a shrinkage  :)  I was actually looking into breast reduction pre surgery as they were so bog I was getting neck, shoulder and headaches, and was told to have the surgery first.  I am happy that I do not need a breast reduction now, but at 2yrs post op I will be looking into and having a breast lift and fix, or whatever they do to make them look good again  :) .  My breasts are the one thing I am not happy with post op.

I actually went online to Additionelle and found more of the bras I bought in store today and ordered them.  The girl at the store was very helpful and honest and I would buy there again, its just there is only one bra in the whole store that fits...so not much selection.  

Thank you for the feedback I will look into Mariannes the next time I go to Ottawa.  Appreciate the suggestion.

Zizzler
on 8/30/15 8:18 am

Ok that makes sense then, that must have been very painful at an H size, DDD must feel a lot better.  I know what you mean about the boobs looking like wrinkly beanbags now, I am not pleased about it but it could be worse.  I just want to have boobs at this point, pretty sure I am bordering on needing a b cup now.   B is ok with me, its what I had 15 years ago, but I would rather not have them get much smaller or I will have none at all.  I have a larger build so it is really noticeable too.  I remember hearing that we should wait a few years post op before having plastic surgery though as the body will settle and change a bit still.  But how long to wait I have no idea, you might want to ask on the site.  If you find a good plastics if you would not mind letting me know that would be much appreciated, I am not sure if I will go that route but if I do it would be nice to have the info.  I will check out the additionelle bras just in case there is something. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/15 5:26 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Thks, yay another store to look into.  I will also swing by next time I am in Ottawa.  The bra I bought today was 65$, so as long as it is near that price range I may buy some more.  I am used to paying a lot for bras.....

Zizzler
on 8/30/15 8:19 am

Do you have the bra link?  Do you find it supportive all around so it keeps everything in?  Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/15 10:33 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi Zizzler, if you are a B cup additionelle will not be a good store for you.  It is plus size store, and 36 DD I think is the smallest.  they may have 34 DD, but that is the smallest size.  They might have smaller cup sizes but then the band would be big....and they are expensive.   If I was a D cup or smaller to be honest I would be going to Victoria secret or La Vie en rose or even Walmart......  

Most Active
Recent Topics