RellaLynn
on 9/1/15 1:38 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 05/11/15

Hello!  I just signed up today and am looking forward to the support and any knowledge that might come from this forum!  I am almost 4 months post-op (RNY).  Luckily, I haven't had any complications and have lost a total of 62 lbs from my highest weight, 50 lbs post-surgery.  My appetite has slowly been returning over the last couple of weeks and I have been constantly monitoring my food intake - never allowing myself to eat more than 3/4 - 1 cup at a time (sometimes I feel I could definitely eat more).  My weight loss has been 1-2 lbs/week for the last 4-5 weeks which I'm ok with.  Hopefully, it stays off long term.

HKT53
on 9/1/15 2:34 pm - Toronto, Canada

Nice to hear from you. I think you have done well. So in my opinion....GOOD JOB.  I am only 7 weeks post op and thinking I am in a stall for almost two weeks. Did you have any periods of time where you did not lose anything? I keep telling myself this will pass. I am very diligent on measuring food and my protein shakes. The only thing I can figure out why I am not losing constantly is that I do not have enough water during the day. I am managing sipping on approx 36 oz of water a day. Are you a water drinker? Do share your success. Thanks

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Seyenna
on 9/1/15 9:27 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Could be the 3 week stall. Mine was around 8 weeks for 3 weeks, lol. It will come off :)

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

MonaLisaSmile
on 9/1/15 4:59 pm - Canada

Welcome 

Sounds like you have been doing well!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

RellaLynn
on 9/1/15 11:29 pm, edited 9/1/15 11:41 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 05/11/15

Hi, thanks for the welcoming words.  @hkt53 - I actually haven't stalled yet (knock on wood), but my weight loss has been slower for the last 6-8 weeks. 

As far as drinking water goes, I'm really bad at it, lol.  Some days I'm lucky if I get 16oz of any liquid down the hatch!  So bad, I know.  I was the same way pre-op and it's been really hard to break the habit.  I honestly do not like water, although it's a little more tolerable with the flavor enhancers.  Consuming more liquids is something that I'm very diligently working on - yesterday was one of my better days - I think I managed to drink approx. 70oz.

I should also mention that although I'm not a huge physical fitness buff, I have been going biking 2-3 time/week (30-45 mins ea time) as well as the occasional treadmill workout.  Maybe that's helping with the (slow but) steady loss.

Most Active
Recent Topics