surgery tomorrow, haven't no a hard time tonight....

BlakeandLillysMummy
on 8/31/15 8:40 pm - Canada

I can't sleep despite having to be up at 530 to go to the hospital!!!

i am afraid that I am not going to succeed!!! I just can't quiet the thoughts!!

i have been very vocal to friends/family etc about my surgery and I am doing this for all the right reasons, but have so much self doubt tonight, I just can't sleep!!!! I figure I will get to sleep tomorrow right!!! 😉

this is is normal right!!! 

Referral: May 2014 Orientation: Sept 26 (HRRH): 1st Surgeon Appt: Feb 13 (Sohi @ HRRH) : Dietician/Social Worker/RN: March 25, 2015  Dr. Glazier - May 12, 2015  2nd Surgeon Appointment (Dr. Hagen) - June 1, 2015 -  Start Opti - August 19, 2015 - SURGERY SEPTEMBER 1, 2015  - HW 270lbs OW - 256.6 SW: 244.6

W8_No_More
on 8/31/15 9:01 pm - Kitchener, Canada

I was confident in my decision and most of the time I was in eager anticipation but there were times when I had a flood of doubts. I had failed at every other attempt to get my weight under control and was worried that I would go through all this and blow it. I loved food...but it had a hold on me that made me a prisoner in my own body. Seven months and 140 pounds later and I am ecstatic to be living life again. The best decision I ever made and I don't have a single regret. You will be fine. All the best tomorrow and as you begin the next phase of this incredible journey! Kim

Dr Referral Jan/14, Guelph Orientation Feb 27/14, Nurse, Nut, SW app't Mar 14 & June 16/14, Nut, SW Aug 26/14, Internist Dr. Agarwal app't Sept 15/14, Surgeon App't Dr. Bhojani Dec 11/14, Start 3 weeks Opti Jan 6/15, Surgery Jan 27/15. Eating to live...Not living to eat!

Seev !
on 9/1/15 1:29 am
RNY on 08/20/15

Hi there, I think it is totally normal to have those thoughts.  I remember lying in the bed outside of the OR thinking "What the hell am I doing here!?!"

You will be fine and it will be over before you know it!

Onward and downward!

Good luck,

Tom

Lovejustin19
on 9/1/15 4:39 am

You will do amazing !!! Enjoy the journey and always believe in yourself!!!!You got this !!!!😊

MonaLisaSmile
on 9/1/15 6:02 am - Canada

Totally normal to have self doubt.  I remember feeling.....I've failed so many times in the past - what if I fail at this too!!!???

Be strong, keep you eye on the prize, have a strong support system, follow your plan, and just remind yourself this time WILL be different and this time WILL be the last time!!!!  This forum is filled with people just like you that are being successful......There is no reason why you can't be one of them!!!!

You will be great - don't worry!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

B-Trix123
on 9/1/15 12:57 pm - Toronto, Canada

This is normal -- IMO.

I didn't sleep the night before, worried my alarm would be set for pm instead of am etc. Heard a horror story about some woman who missed her surgery because she was in the washroom when they called her name --- unbelievable! Will I screw this up? Won't know if I don't try. Eventually I decided that there was no room or time for fear. Fear wasn't going to serve me, so somehow I set it aside and plunged forward. I was so tired getting in the cab at the crack of dawn - I was too tired to be fearful. Slept a ton after surgery and I am now 3 weeks post op. The only thing I fear now is more constipation!

Try your best -- read your manual over and over when you get home and check in here when you aren't sure of something. I have found this site to be great support.

DigbyFrifri
on 9/1/15 7:14 pm

"Ill sleep tomorrow"   yes you will LOL.    Just keep yourself occupied tonight.    Tomorrow is the begining of something amazing!!!   Youll do great!!

Most Active
Recent Topics