Update 4 Months after surgery

Crackerno
on 10/7/15 11:21 am - Canada

Hello everyone,

Just giving an update on myself after surgery. I knew that I was unhealthy before the surgery and of course my surgery wasn't just about the weight it was because of the tumor and c02 that I decided to have the surgery. Initially I was given 5 years because of my disease but opted for the surgery trying to save my life. Approximately a year prior to the surgery I went to bed feeling so ill that I cried myself to sleep praying I would wake up the next morning because of how bad I felt. Now 4 months on Oct 10th and I have lost 83 lbs i have a bounce in my step. I'm no longer existing but I'm living. I don't know my outcome long term but I do know that with the tumor removed, losing weight, and my co2 levels dropping I feel alive. I want to send a great big THANKS to my support group for helping me along and encouragement. this group of people amazing. I look forward to getting together at the next group meeting.

For anyone who is scared and unsure...WOW the best thing I have ever done. Is it easy NO but is it worth it... HELL YAH!!!!

Hidingaway
on 10/7/15 12:24 pm

This is sooo wonderful to read, happy for you!!!

LukesMom5
on 10/7/15 6:22 pm - Lindsay, Canada

Congratulations to you - thats an amazing start to your journey. Best of luck to you and your health in the future :)

HRRH Orientation Jan. 9, 2015 ~Sleep study Feb. 21, 2015~1st appt (Dr.Starr) June 15, 2015~ TRIO July 27, 2015 ~transfer to(Dr.Hagen) Aug 10, 2015 ~(Dr.Glazer) Aug.12,2015 ~PATTS Aug 19, 2015 ~start OPTI Aug.20, 2015 ~RNY SURGERY SEPT 4,2015

Go Team   

Karen M.
on 10/8/15 3:33 am, edited 10/7/15 8:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Well good morning! I'm so thrilled to read this from you, Angie - good for YOU! You're awesome. xo

P.S. I noticed late last night that I had an iMessage on my iPad - and it was from you! I don't know why your texts keep going to my iPad instead of my phone!! Sorry about that! Coffee night - yes, I definitely need to plan a coffee night. It's been exceptionally busy for me the past month and a half, but perhaps next Wednesday night? I will send you a text RIGHT NOW. lol

EDIT: Sorry, make that Thursday the 15th!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics