lunch/snacks.

Nikki101
on 11/10/15 1:01 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

A few days a week i have really long days and no time for a proper lunch and no way to heat anything. I'm hoping you guys can help with some high protein things I may have not thought of.

Dreamy74
on 11/10/15 1:05 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi I would suggest mini babybel cheeses they can go unrefrigerated for a while.  Also nuts like walnuts, pecans, almonds in a pinch, just make sure you have just a small serving as they can be high in calories.  Also protein bars are an option - not the best option but they'll do in a pinch.  I like the flavours from Quest which are available at GNC.

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Nikki101
on 11/10/15 5:16 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I cant eat almonds... they make me vomit. Even if i only eat 1 or 2.

Ive been keeping the queat protein bars in my school bag but find myself having to turn to them for something to eat far to many times in a week.

Another not so fun fact... i cant handle lettuce.. iceburg particularily...

And i do bring baby bel cheese with me almost daily.

RNYTerry
on 11/10/15 1:31 pm

Hi,

I have started using I think they're called "Protinis" by Maple Leaf. They are great, four crackers, four cheese slices and you can pick turkey or Italian meat. They are all small portions and only 140 calories and 11 grams of protein. They come blister packed and travel well. You can buy them at Loblaws Super store.

Terry

Referral-November 2014, Orientation Windsor, ON December 2015, Nurse, Dietician, Doctor, Social Worker & Nutrition Class January 2015, Nurse, Dietician & Psych March 2015, Surgery Ed. Class March 2015, Surgeon Consultation May 2015, Surgery June 16, 2015 at Guelph, ON with Dr Pereira-Hong

northernga1
on 11/10/15 2:00 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

http://www.refrigeratedfrozenfood.com/articles/87936-protein-snacks

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Nikki101
on 11/10/15 5:24 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

what does what does that lead to? I really can't take anything with me to school that needs to be heated or kept cold.

Nikki101
on 11/10/15 5:17 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

We dont have a loblaws  whereni live.. but thwyre found at walmart.... when they have them and i csn only stomach the turkey. But that would make them a 2+ times a week thing.

My schedule is very very busy these days and im finding having proper nutrition difficult and i forget to eat meals or turn to protein bars.

Delicious_Delilah
on 11/10/15 1:31 pm - Ottawa, Canada

A few snacks I like that don't require heating (though some might require refrigeration or at the very least an ice pack in your lunch):  turkey pepperettes, cheese including mini-babybels, greek yogurt, cut veggies with dip/salad dressing (to go with a protein), celery with natural peanut butter, hard boiled eggs, eggbites (mini crustless quiches), ham pickle and cheese roll-ups, proteinis snack kits.  I personally like oven baked chicken cold (like picnic chicken without skin).  Also, there are the aforementioned nuts and protein bars (but I usually reserve these for when I'm on the go, and have to eat and walk at the same time.)  Of course, there are the salads with a protein in them (steak, chicken, lunch meat, eggs, etc.).  These are just a few off the top of my head. 

Nikki101
on 11/10/15 5:29 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

What is it with OH and mobile devices... I've been trying from my cell and tablet to post!

Simply put, I don't tolerate many foods... lettuce, eggs, almonds for sure....aalso my bag is usually so full of books on the days I need snacks that I can't fit an ice pack in there anywhere.  which is what led me to my predicament. Lol

I very much appreciate the suggestions though and I'm hoping I can try a few of them.

lammytee14
on 11/10/15 5:16 pm

For a quick lunch I enjoy the little tins of Clover Leaf flavoured tuna...peanut satay is my favourite at 15g of protein and second choice is dill and lemon at 17 or 18g of protein. I keep extras in my desk at work.

I always have my insulated lunch bag with me and keep a Source Greek yogurt and a cheese string (18%MF) handy. I usually have a container of 1/2 cup cottage cheese that I mix with another container that has 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple for a snack.

I hope my suggestions help you.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics