Questions???

inkedgirl73
on 11/24/15 7:40 am - Canada

Hi!  My referral was just sent in to HRRH.  From what I am reading others post, should I be getting my Dr to send in referrals for the sleep test and the other tests now?  or do I wait until I get called for the orientation and wait for the "other" doctors to give me the referrals?

Thanks in advance!

Kittygirl001
on 11/24/15 8:13 am - Canada

If your Dr. Knows in general what you will need, then it doesn't hurt to get the ball rolling.  Ask him/her to test you for h.pylori...this bugger is hard to treat in some people if positive and holds up the process!  Plus the sleep test could be done early also.  Best of luck and I hope your process is quick and smooth.

Andrea,

Surgery Date: Dec. 16th, 2015

RNY 

Dr. Lindsay, St. Josephs Healthcare

HW:374, OPTI SW:365 (11/4/15), SW:332, CW: 198

Ginnny
on 11/24/15 11:55 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

When I came away from orientation I was given a requisition for blood work and ultrasound.  I didn't need a sleep test or so far any "other tests".

I guess it depends on your health issues what tests you will need.

marielewis
on 11/24/15 1:10 pm

I had all the tests done ahead of time by the GP.   Not sure it made things any faster 13 months or more and I just did my trio appts this week.   Very frustrating process 

Alligator
on 11/24/15 5:30 pm

My surgery date is coming up on dec. 14th.  I was referred a year ago last June.  And I already had been diagnosed with sleep apnea.  I think they'll test you before doing surgery, so you may as well get the referral sooner rather than later.  I'm at HRRH also.  Dr. Hagen.

Alligator

inkedgirl73
on 11/24/15 6:48 pm - Canada

Ya I think I will.just go ahead and.ask my gp to refer me for the sleep test. May as well. How long after.your Dr sent.the referral to the bariatric site did you actually get a call for the orientation??

Alligator
on 11/25/15 5:39 am

I got a call in Oct, and orientation was in Dec.  through Jan, I kept calling to follow-up, and they kept telling me they were still working on Oct's orientation.  By March, they told me they had lost my file.  Then they found it.  Then they told me I didn't qualify.  BMI too low.  I asked for a dr. to review it.  He did and then I had to go in for an appt with him.  Then referred to the "group of three". Then to internist.  Then back to surgeon.  Long process.

Alligator

inkedgirl73
on 11/25/15 6:49 am - Canada

what month did your family dr send the referral in to begin with before you got the call for orientation?

what was your  bmi at that they said you didn't qualify?  Mine is on the low side...but according from what I have read on the site I still qualify. I am about 41 bmi.

need_to_run_81
on 11/25/15 12:40 pm

I say do whatever you can get done in advance set up. I had a sleep test in February - didn't get results bac****il May, then got in to see the sleep doctor in August for him to give me a prescription for a cpap, then another sleep test in October for titration, then finally the paperwork sent to my centre this week. My surgery was supposed to be in August originally. If I hadn't had to let go of my surgery date I wouldn't have been able to do the surgery anyway because of the slow process with th sleep test. That said, most of the slowness was a screw up in my GP's office.  

inkedgirl73
on 11/25/15 12:45 pm - Canada

wow!  ok....I have to go to my gp tomorrow to give the paperwork to fill out that I got with my orientation package (which I got a call for today...orientation Dec 10!!  woo hoo!)  I will ask him if he could do the referral for the sleep test and get it over with.  Thanks for the info!

Most Active
Recent Topics