Suggestions, Opinions, and Advice please.

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/15 3:09 pm
RNY on 04/15/15
Hi everyone.  So...I am about 7 1/2 months out.  My heaviest weight was 279lbs, and my current weight is 167lbs.  My goal is 135-145 by April 15/16.  So... I still have 22-32 lbs to lose.  I have been exercising daily, taking all of my vitamins, drinking between 1.5 and 2 Liters of water a day, and following the plan my center gave me. This plan includes 3 meals, plus 3 snacks if I am hungry or need it. The meals are supposed to include 3 oz protein, veggies, and 1/4 cup healthy starch or fruit if I still have room (which is about 50% of the time).  Snacks are supposed to be protein based.  I get more than 80g of protein daily, and between 500-900 calories. I usually dont get snacks in... maybe 1.  Recently (the last couple of weeks), I have stopped losing weight.  I have changed the type and frequency of my exercise with no change in weight.  I have tried measuring changes by the way my clothing fits, and that hasnt changed either.  Ugh.  I dont want to be done losing yet.  I still have a lot of weight to lose to be in the normal BMI.  So I did some reading.  It sounds like a lot of successful weight loss happens for people when the have very low carb in their diets.  I thought I would try that out and see if it helps.  I am wondering what peoples experience has been with this?  How many carbs is considered low enough?  What is this whole net carb thing and do you use that when calculating total daily carbs?  Do you find that you are dizzy and light headed (i have been the last few days since doing low carb) and what can be done about it?  If I do this, can I start incorporating in healthy carbs once my weight is normal without gaining?  My center seems to think carbs are important, but I have heard so many different opinions about this as a long term lifestyle change.  I just want to start losing again... What are your daily nutritional goals for calories, protein, sugar, fats, and carbs? Any advice to kick start my metabolism and start losing again.  I have seen so many successful people on here... I am hoping you can share your secrets.  Also, a friend suggested I might like to try these as a treat someday.  What does everyone think about these numbers?  Are the carbs really as high as they look or are they lower in net carbs???  How would you count this if you were going to have it as a treat?  Is it an okay choice?

Chatilas Bakery Sugar Free Donut

Serving Size: 3 oz Amount Per Serving
  • Calories110.0
  • Total Fat3.5 g
  • Saturated Fat0.4 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat0.0 g
  • Monounsaturated Fat0.0 g
  • Cholesterol0.0 mg
  • Sodium20.0 mg
  • Potassium280.0 mg
  • Total Carbohydrate23.0 g
  • Dietary Fiber6.0 g
  • Sugars0.0 g
  • Protein8.0 g
crqvingchange
on 12/2/15 6:28 pm

People have posted on the forum that this is a long journey and you are going to have to find substitutes for the unhealthy food to get you through the cravings.  I agree with this.  Once you reach goal, I think that would be a good once and a while treat.  A donut that is only 110 calories and doesn't have a ton of fat or any refined sugar, but has 8 grams of protein sounds like an excellent substitute for a regular donut that is probably 4 times the calories.  Everybody's opinion is different on this, but as long as consuming the substitute doesn't make you start eating the real deal then I think it's fine.  

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Patm
on 12/3/15 5:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You will have many stalls along the way. Your body just needs to adjust. Often you will notice inches lost when you do not see weight loss. The donut is okay but a lot of carbs for someone so early out. Definitely a treat not to be consumed often. remember your first year is a gift. You will lose the most weight the easiest. Try to stay low carb as long as possible

Most Active
Recent Topics