Opti fast

janet007
on 1/5/16 2:28 pm

Hi everyone...I just joined this forum....I have been struggling with my weight for about 15 years....I just can't go under the knife. I visited a clinic in Brampton and they seemed really helpful...After I told them that surgery was not something I wanted to consider they suggested Optifast. Did some reading about it and it seemed really good...I met the team and they really got me excited about this...I started last week and have already lost 7 pounds...I am just worried about regaining the weight...any thoughts? Lisa was the "life coach" there and she was awesome...she called me 2-3 times already and seems hardcore on keeping me on track....Anyone who has worked at this clinic..it's called Empowered Weight Loss....seems good but would love to hear about other experiences ....

White Dove
on 1/5/16 3:45 pm - Warren, OH

Weight loss surgery is the final solution when nothing else works.  To keep from regaining the weight you will need to be aware of your eating for the rest of your life.  It is the same with surgery.  We have a non-surgical forum on this board and that would be a good place to post and get information from others who are losing with no surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lammytee14
on 1/5/16 5:05 pm

I did the Optifast program (1-year program) twice through the Ottawa WMC in 2002 and 2012. Both times I regained but I was so careful after the second attempt. I did start to regain on maintenance despite following my new meal plan. It was at this point I decided to have the surgery and started the process.

The good thing about having done the Optifast program was so much of the behaviour and dietitian units covered are really great tools for coping with food issues after surgery. I remember mentioning to the behaviourist at one of my pre-op appointments that I was afraid I would be denied surgery as I knew what to do and had all the tools to do it...to which she replied that it only made me that much better prepared for after surgery.

I wish you all the best with the Optifast program.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics