Opti starts tomorrow Yay! I think lol

kaymommy
on 1/28/16 7:00 pm - Bradford, Canada
RNY on 02/12/16

Well tomorrow's my first day of opti and I think I'm as prepared as I can be. I have my benefiber ready, some mint extract, some sugar free caramel syrup, and ice. This may be the longest 14 days of my life. Is there anything else I should make sure to have on hand? Oh can I have mints? Sugar free of course. I have heard of the nasty breath that comes with opti so I wanna get some mints or listerine strips if I can find them. Thanks a bunch for all the support I have received from this forum. Please pass in and tips or words of wisdom to get through these next 14 days.

Amanda

Referral 12/22/14 Orientation 2/27/15 Nutritionist & SW 9/25/15  Dr. Glazer 12/1/15 Nurse 12/14/1545  Opti 1/29/16  Surgery 2/12/16

HW:244.8 Ref:234.6

Mommyx3
on 1/28/16 7:36 pm - Canada

Good luck!! I wouldn't buy anything else until you try the optifast first.  My centre allowed me to take half chocolate and half vanilla so it helped to break up the time since I was on it for 4 weeks.  I loved the flavour of both.  I never needed to add flavoring to it and I had bought a ton of different ones which I didn't use.  My best piece of advice is just make sure you have very cold water it tastes much better when it's cold.  I never found any sugar free mints but I did use a lot of mouthwash and brushed my teeth often as you do get by bad breath.  Also you may get a headache the second or third day which is normal but it can be q doozy so have some acetaminophen on hand don't try to tough it out.  It is all in how you think while you are on it.  You will want just a bite of something but as long as you have the mindset that one bite is not going to fill you so why risk it you will do great!  Good luck!

Sunny123
on 1/29/16 7:47 am
RNY on 12/05/13

It is all personal taste. I like decaf instant coffee in my chocolate.

The time will fly on it - I always wondered how I'd manage 3 weeks. It goes by.

I did get opti trots for a day or two but then they went away.

Best of luck!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

nitethyme
on 1/29/16 8:52 am - Etobicoke, Canada
RNY on 12/18/15

Good luck with your Opti ... stick with it you can do this! Don't let the first couple of days get you down if you feel hungry ... one thing that I do for my last Opti at night is not put as much water in the chocolate Opti so that I feel like I'm have a pudding ... it is also a nice change from just drinking Opti. :) 

Referral: September 2014; TWH Orientation: December 9, 2014; Social Worker: March 2015; Nutrition Class: May 5,  2015; Nurse Practitioner: May 20, 2015; Psych Evaluation: August 2015; Nutritionist: September 2015; Meet the Surgeon: November 6, 2015; Pre-Op: December 4, 2015; Scheduled Surgery: December 18, 2015; HW 367; SW 341

pierper
on 1/29/16 1:36 pm
RNY on 02/10/16

It will go really fast. I just finished three weeks of Opti-Fast and have 12 days to go. I got use to the taste. I like the chocolate. I use 5 

ice cube 8 ounces of water and put in a blender. Drink it really cold. I add cocoa to make it more chocolate. Coffee in the vanilla is delicious.

I am surprised how well I'm doing and have not cheated once.

The first days are the hardest but once you have a routine you will be able to do this. My surgery is on the 10th. We are very close for op.

Best of luck

Most Active
Recent Topics