Bummed out and needing encouragement....

kimmygirl180
on 2/2/16 9:15 am - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hey everyone, I just needed an outlet to vent some frustrations.  I know that I have learned so much from the great people on this site who have "been there and tried that", but today I need some encouragement to keep my positivity up.  

My journey has been a long one, with my referral going in Aug. 2014.  Orientation Dec. 2014 and then surgery scheduled for March 2016 with Dr. Starr.  (Humber River) I have been making the changes, learning all I am able to and am so ready for this new journey.  Unfortunately they called me today to say that due to scheduling issues with the hospital they have to move my surgery to May.  It will be almost 2 years since I started this long road.  

I understand that things happen, but I was so excited that my date was almost here.  I just feel so defeated today and know that this is the one place that people will honestly understand how I feel.  

Thank you all for being here to allow me to vent, learn and grow as my adventure continues on.  

Hope everyone has a fabulous day.  

Referral - September/14, Orientation HRRH - December 1/14, Surgeon appt. (Dr. Starr) - April 24/15, Trio appts. - July 21/15, Dr. Glazer - August 17/15, switched surgeon to Dr. Huynh Feb. 17/16, Surgery date - March 2/16-

1 year follow up - Lost 82% of my excess body fat. Starting weight 315lbs, today 151lbs.

Monica9811
on 2/2/16 9:22 am - Peterborough, Canada

That is discouraging but at least you hadn't started on OPTI yet!  Some people had to do it twice!  The nice thing about May is the weather will be nice and  you can get out and walk after surgery.  You will feel so much better outside getting fresh air.

May will be here in no time.  Keep focusing on all the positive changes you have made and keep reading on here.  You will be well prepared.

All the best!

Monca

White Dove
on 2/2/16 9:51 am - Warren, OH

My surgery was scheduled for December.  I had flexibility in my job and got on the list to be called if there was a cancellation.  I ended up getting surgery in October.

That was over eight years ago and now I realize that two months would have made very little difference.  This is a lifelong journey.  Use the time to get off as much weight as possible.  Exercise so you will be stronger.  Look into being on the cancellation list.

I understand your disappointment.  Have a great day anyway.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

kimmygirl180
on 2/2/16 11:09 am - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hi White Dove, 

Thanks for the reply.  I know in the long run that 2 more months isn't going to make a whole lot of difference, but for me I have been wheelchair bound and on leave from my job since 2014.  I have done what I can to help myself and try to get some of the weight off, but without regular exercise it is so hard.  My life has pretty much been at a stand still.  I don't want to ru**** and believe things happen for a reason, but I was just so hopeful that it was going to happen soon.  

I will keep moving forward and know that when it is my time it will happen.  

Thanks again for the words of encouragement.  Have a great day.  

Referral - September/14, Orientation HRRH - December 1/14, Surgeon appt. (Dr. Starr) - April 24/15, Trio appts. - July 21/15, Dr. Glazer - August 17/15, switched surgeon to Dr. Huynh Feb. 17/16, Surgery date - March 2/16-

1 year follow up - Lost 82% of my excess body fat. Starting weight 315lbs, today 151lbs.

GentleDomenic
on 2/2/16 10:15 am - Canada

Did they give you a May date or just say maybe in May

The call I got said they didn't know anything about future dates and they where just waiting on what's going with the program and the OR moving forward before giving any future dates.

kimmygirl180
on 2/2/16 11:03 am - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hi GentleDomenic, 

They told me it would be May, but couldn't give me a concrete date today.  They didn't say anything to me about funding issues or anything, but I was in no mood to hear what they were saying to me after changing my date.  Guess it will happen when it happens.  

Have a great day..  

GentleDomenic
on 2/2/16 11:15 am - Canada

We are on the same path , started Aug 2014

waited through thr change over to the new hospital etc

my date was set for March 14th and I got the same call this morning.

It is what it is , we just have to keep putting along and keep our heads high 

Best of luck!

MonaLisaSmile
on 2/2/16 5:05 pm - Canada

I realize you guys are disappointed to be so close then let down,  I sure would have been.  The waiting is killer, I waited 18mths.

I guess my best advice is to try not to dwell on the things you have no control over...but instead focus on what you do have control over.  Surgery or no surgery, our goal to lose weight and embrace a healthy lifestyle..  Whether you lose it before or after it all counts and it's all good!!!  The more you can lose and change pre op....the better.

I usually believe that all things happen for a reason, just try to stay positive and use your time wisely.

The whole situation DOES SUCK THOUGH!!!!    LOL

Take care guys and stay busy....it will be here before you know it !

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Karen M.
on 2/3/16 4:00 am - Mississauga, Canada

My usual response to a post about having to wait a couple of months is, "have patience". But DAMN - your situation truly does suck! I'm really sorry this happened to you and clearly you need this to happen asap. As someone else mentioned, at least the weather will be nice in May and hopefully once you regain some mobility, you'll be able to enjoy it.

You hang in there - your day is coming and it'll be worth the wait in the end. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

steff1970
on 2/3/16 5:19 am - cambridge , Canada
RNY on 07/09/12

I'm sorry this has happened to you.  I waited 37 months before I got to my surgery date, now it's been almost 4 years since my RNY.  I totally understand how defeated you must feel but please remember you will get there and you will be successful when you do.

I hope this time goes by fast for you and you learn even more than you thought possible.  Keep your eyes on the prize, this too shall pass.

REFFERAL.....APRIL 2010    ORIENTATION.....JULY 14, 2011       SURGERY.....JULY 9, 2012                            

Most Active
Recent Topics