What are you doing/eating today ( Wednesday)

birdiegirl
on 2/10/16 12:06 am

RNY  6 Years 10 Months Post Op

Morning

Awake at 1:30 again.  My internal clock needs resetting.  I had a good few weeks of solid sleep and now back to this.  Fortunately not much on my agenda today so I can grab a nap later today.

STEPS - 4451 - yes I was a slug yesterday.  Saw the movie Benghazi - 13 hours, and it was excellent but of course a lot of sitting

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

2 oz leftover beef tenderloin

2.5 oz leftover cauliflower mash

L - 4 oz pork tenderloin

2 TB of pork gravy made from a packet to assist the transition

S - 2 oz pork tenderloin

1 TB of gravy

D - 2 cups of romaine - 3 grape tomatoes halved - 2 TB of parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup of Vidalia onion mixed with 2 TB of Olive Garden light Italian dressing

3 oz grilled chicken on top

S - Yoplait 100 calorie Greek in Apple Pie

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 749,  Carbs - 30 Grams,  Protein - 84 Grams,  Fiber - 6 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 2/10/16 3:56 am

Good morning everyone .Pat I'm with you, I've had it with this winter wonderland.  I know we have been really lucky with the weather this winter, but I want warmth and flowers.  OK my whinefest is over.

Today I will be swimming and then yoga and later tonight Zumba.  My friend has decided to join me for Zumba, this should be interesting, lol.

18 months post op

B. Strawberry protein shake

S. Lots of decaf throughout the day with GNC Lean shake used as creamer (I will use half of the shake)

L. AV's Buffalo chicken salad using cucumber as crackers  (This stuff is addictive)

S. More of lunch

D. Crustless mushroom quiche with a little truffle cheese melted on top

S. Protein hot chocolate and a skinny latte

MFP totals Calories 826, Carbs 34, Fat 27, Protein 107

Have a great day everyone, try to stay warm.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 2/10/16 4:20 am

Cc, what is av's buffalo chicken salad?  Sounds good 

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/16 4:52 am, edited 2/9/16 10:35 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

AV is Angry Viking that post on other boards.  I've seen her recipe posted a few times, I'd not use canned chicken but then that's just me.  LOL 

1 can chunk chicken breast

2 oz. reduced fat crumbled blue cheese

1/2 packet Hidden Valley Ranch

6 oz. (or one of the small tubs) of plain Greek yogurt

chopped onion/celery

Frank's Red Hot to taste

Patm
on 2/10/16 6:20 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds good but as you said better with fresh chicken

crqvingchange
on 2/10/16 6:50 am

I use leftover roasted chicken.   

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/16 6:53 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Would you use a cup or two with the rest of her recipe or you just sort of wing it with all the ingredients with whatever you have on hand? I made a hot buffalo chicken dip a few years ago that was posted on here and it was quite tasty but I preferred it cold to hot.  It said to use canned chicken as well but I used leftover chicken breast.

crqvingchange
on 2/10/16 11:11 am

I measure 8oz of white meat, 2 slices blue cheese crumbled, 150g plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 package Simply Organic dry ranch dressing, 1 1/2 celery stocks, 1 green onion, 1 tbsp hot sauce. Chop and mix and divide by 4. I plugged the recipe into MFP so that I can add it to my food diary. I like it cold on cucumber rounds and sometimes add an additional shake of hot sauce. That recipe makes the consistency I like. Everyone has different taste, but I enjoy spicy more than sweet foods. Sometimes I put a sprinkle of cayenne in my hot chocolate.

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/16 11:19 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

8 oz in weight or 8 oz as in 1 cup?  Am guessing weight since you normally eat 2 oz at a time.  I much prefer spicy over sweet any day. I have some leftover chicken in the fridge so might make something similar to this up, no blue cheese in the house but am sure it's just as good without it.  I bought 2 english cukes this week since they were 99 cents vs the 2.29 they wanted last week for them.

crqvingchange
on 2/10/16 1:02 pm

8 oz in weight, I have a kitchen scale.  Tracey if you have some Roquefort dressing you could probably sub that for the blue cheese crumbles.  I couldn't find the crumbles in the store I went to so I bought the Castello small slices and used 2 of them.  It was just enough blue cheese without being overpowering.  I also add lashing of freshly ground pepper, no salt, it's salty enough.  Any chicken that doesn't get added to the recipe gets put in a sandwich for DH or thrown in a bag and put in the freezer for chicken soup or curry or a la king, or paprikash (you get the idea).

Most Active
Recent Topics