April 2015 St Mikes Patients

elisabeth1968
on 2/10/16 1:53 pm - toronto, Canada

I would love to hear from any of the Bariatric patients that were in the hospital APril 2015 at St. Mikes.

I hope that you are doing well.

Lisa

Sylvia B.
on 2/13/16 2:59 pm - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 04/06/15

I had my surgery on April 6, 2015 at St. Mikes with Dr. Grantcharov.  My surgery went well and I am doing well.  I have lost 130 pounds since then.  It has been slow going since but am determined to keep going.  Hope you are doing well too.  Nice to know someone else had their surgery around the same time.

Sylvia

elisabeth1968
on 2/15/16 1:53 pm - toronto, Canada

OH wow i had my surgery on April 04 with the same Dr.  He was amazing.  I have lost 85 pounds so far.

Keep well and thank you for posting.  Do you attend any of the meeting at the hospital?

Sylvia B.
on 2/16/16 9:23 am - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 04/06/15

Good for you.  You are doing very well.  I have not yet attended any of the meetings at TWH, but I know they are held every 3rd Wednesday of the month.  Have you attended any? 

elisabeth1968
on 2/16/16 10:14 am - toronto, Canada

hello Sylvia thank you for the vote of confidence.  I feel as if I should be further along although I am feeling great.

I have not attended any of the meeting but I do gather once /month with some beautiful women at Tim Hortons on Lawrence and Weston Road.  Amazing group with lots to offer. 

Sylvia B.
on 2/16/16 10:44 am - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 04/06/15

The main thing is that you are feeling great and that counts for a lot.  Not sure where you started in your weight loss journey but that still is a lot of weight to lose.  Keep up the good work!  I feel great as well.  Best decision I have made.

There is a meeting near where I live that I want to attend but just haven't yet.  I bet you are getting lots of information and support from the group you attend as well as meeting some nice people.  You have given me incentive to do the same.  Thanks.

elisabeth1968
on 2/16/16 11:01 am - toronto, Canada

you are very very sweet.  I started off at 283 and now I am 199!!! I love that number 1.

If you are ever in the etobicoke are let me know and we can meet for a coffee.

[email protected]

I think that these groups are great, I have met some amazing people that are full of knowledge at different levels in their journey.

Sylvia B.
on 2/16/16 11:14 am - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 04/06/15

I know what you mean by the 1 number.  I was really excited when I hit the 299 mark and was happy to have the 2 number.  Now I am working towards the 199 number.

It would be nice to meet and have coffee, I shall keep you in mind when I am in the Etobicoke area.  I go occasionally to get the low carb bread at Dimpflmeier Bakery which is in the south end.

Thanks again for the info. on the support groups.

Most Active
Recent Topics