Post op update

kaymommy
on 2/16/16 4:00 pm - Bradford, Canada
RNY on 02/12/16

Well the actual surgery was way faster then I thought. I was in and out in 45 min. After 2 failed attempts at an IV and some unpleasant mumbled threats I was given some laughing gas before the third successful IV attempt. Shortly after Dr Huynh said were going to give you the sleepy stuff now so night night Amanda and sure enough I was out in one blink lol. They kept me an extra day since the anesthetia seemed to take longer then normal to wear off and it enhanced my asthma. I was totally ok staying the extra day since I had a lot of nausea. The staff was amazing and I never waited for any pain meds or help wih anything. Sunday when I got home I slept a lot. Yesterday I felt way better and got a good amount of walking in. Today I feel even better and am trying really hard to fit in all this food and water but it just doesn't seem possible. Who knew it would be so difficult to eat such a small amount. It's still hard to believe I had surgery 5 days ago. Hopefully it gets easier to fit this food (liquids), vitamins, and water in because I'm struggling big time. On the plus side I only gained 1lb with the fluids from the hospital and am already down 6 lbs. Now to try and finish my afternoon snack at 7pm lol.

Referral 12/22/14 Orientation 2/27/15 Nutritionist & SW 9/25/15  Dr. Glazer 12/1/15 Nurse 12/14/1545  Opti 1/29/16  Surgery 2/12/16

HW:244.8 Ref:234.6

MonaLisaSmile
on 2/16/16 4:36 pm - Canada

I was scared to death the first few days, I am sure you are doing just fine !!!!  Everything is new and different....added with the fear of doing something wrong.... and causing yourself possible sickness or pain .............damn right its stressful !!!!

THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! ....... YES, it definitely gets better.  You'll feel better, you have more energy, you get in a routine and you gain confidence that you ARE really doing this thing .....and it is working !!!   Keep putting on foot in front of the other, and take it one meal at a time.....it will all work out.

Soon you will look back and wonder " what in the world was I soooo worried about ?"  

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

kaymommy
on 2/16/16 4:47 pm - Bradford, Canada
RNY on 02/12/16

Thanks it really is stressful trying to get all this stuff in and worrying I'm messing things up cause I just cannot get it in. I really so have to remind myself that even though I'm feeling not to bad on the outside my insides are still swollen and healing. I'm just going to focus on protein and water as best I can. Trying to follow the sample menu they gave me is impossible right now. I feel soo full so quick. Thanks for reminding me that it gets easier and muh less overwhelming. I love this site there's always someone here to help me see straight. Thanks for the support.

Referral 12/22/14 Orientation 2/27/15 Nutritionist & SW 9/25/15  Dr. Glazer 12/1/15 Nurse 12/14/1545  Opti 1/29/16  Surgery 2/12/16

HW:244.8 Ref:234.6

northernga1
on 2/16/16 7:59 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada
On February 17, 2016 at 12:47 AM Pacific Time, kaymommy wrote:

Thanks it really is stressful trying to get all this stuff in and worrying I'm messing things up cause I just cannot get it in. I really so have to remind myself that even though I'm feeling not to bad on the outside my insides are still swollen and healing. I'm just going to focus on protein and water as best I can. Trying to follow the sample menu they gave me is impossible right now. I feel soo full so quick. Thanks for reminding me that it gets easier and muh less overwhelming. I love this site there's always someone here to help me see straight. Thanks for the support.

it wasnt til i was over 1 week post op that i was able to even consider trying the sample menu's in the book.  the first 7 - 8 days all i did was focus on getting in my water and protein shakes.  Once i got that down i started with cream soups. i focused on 1 thing at a time and by a few weeks post op i got into a good routine and it was smooth sailing after that.  Just do the best you can and it will get easier each and every day.   welcome to the losers bench :) 

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Monica9811
on 2/16/16 5:53 pm - Peterborough, Canada

So glad to hear you are doing well.  I was wondering what was going on.  Just do your best with getting your protein drinks and water in and vitamins when you can it is overwhelming at first but you will get into a routine.  Don't focus on the scale too much!  Can play head games with you!!

Most Active
Recent Topics