relationships post op

Nikki101
on 4/1/16 6:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

To say there werent issues before wkuld be a lie.... but... latelt he keeps saying he doesnt want me to get to thin. He was helpful in thr beginning and noe he just doesnt care. Wants pizza and junk

gets upset thatvi dont want pasts or whatever... ive never stopped him from ewting such things, have even made them for him.

Its getting to the point that ive made some bad ewting choices because i dont want to listen to the " i never get to eat what i want" thing over and over.

My question i guess is, how has others relationships changed post op? I'll be 1 year and 2 months tomorrow.

crqvingchange
on 4/2/16 6:34 pm

For most of us we find out that this is our journey and we have to be responsible for our own success and our own health.  What would you do if you tried to make him happy by eating all the things he wants you to eat, not losing any more weight, and you start gaining.  If the relationship broke up, you would have given in for nothing.  You must be selfish when it comes to what you eat.  He can eat however he likes, and that is his right, but the same applies to you.  Eat to be healthy, not to please someone else.  You have worked too hard to get where you are.  If he wants pasta, tell him to order at a restaurant when you go out, or to make it himself, but don't get guilted into making bad eating choices.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Nikki101
on 4/3/16 5:40 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I dont generally give in, but he heard tbay whole nuteitionist saying wat carbs thing and tried to pish the issue for a while.

We dont gonout so i cant really tell him tomorser it at a restaurant but i dontell him he can eat it and ill just eat meat and veg.

As for the relationship itself its been rocky

but hes now on this whole youre going to grt skinny and leave me kick and its comolete bs and i havent given him anybreason to think so. Butnthe accusations alone could end up causing thenrelationship to fail. Which is just anotjer reason not to give in.

I have so much on my plate already with school and work and my grandmas health. I dont need this stress on top of it. And worrying about coming home to a big dinner of pasta or pizza or.something.

I was just wondering how others handled this causing relationship issues... if it has. And tips to resolve it.

Most Active
Recent Topics