Just got my date!!!

Laura M.
on 4/26/16 3:21 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

Surgery is booked for Friday, June 3rd!!! I'm so excited! I start OptiFast in 2.5 weeks (May 13th). Got confirmation that it is gluten free. The dietitian even called the company too double confirm for me even though it says it on the box! I've heard the vanilla is the lesser of two evils? Will be picking it up in about a week and thinking it might be safest to get all vanilla.

I was staring at my cupboards tonight and thinking "I better use up these groceries!" Going to go through my cupboards and plan out my meals between now and opti so I know what I have, what I can get rid of and minimize what I buy.

I'm a single mom and my daughter eats very small servings. We will be able to feed the two of us from an individual serving post surgery. It's definitely going to take getting used to making such tiny servings when I cook in the future. But I'm going to save a ton on groceries! Lol

GP Referral to OBN - Dec 1/15;   Orientation - Feb 11/16;   Intake meeting - Feb 17;  Consultation w/ surgeon - Apr 18;  Start OPTI - May 13; Pre-Admit w/ Anesthetist - May 16; Surgery - Jun 3/16!!!

shrinktofit
on 4/26/16 4:07 pm - Canada

Congratulations!!

im a single mom too, with a 5 year old who doesn't eat much. I've also been thinking about post surgery cooking! Also been thinking a lot about the opti phase & how to explain it to her. 

Laura M.
on 4/26/16 4:20 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

My daughter is 9. She has been involved with my whole process. Unfortunately the BMI clinic doesn't allow children there so she wasn't able to come to my dietitian appointments. But all of the appointments at the hospital she has come with me (including the orientation and pre-op with the surgeon). She's going to take good care of me post-surgery!

GP Referral to OBN - Dec 1/15;   Orientation - Feb 11/16;   Intake meeting - Feb 17;  Consultation w/ surgeon - Apr 18;  Start OPTI - May 13; Pre-Admit w/ Anesthetist - May 16; Surgery - Jun 3/16!!!

2BHealthy2016
on 4/26/16 5:11 pm

Congratulations. 

fasteddy
on 4/26/16 5:17 pm

Congratulations

need_to_run_81
on 4/26/16 5:33 pm

Congrats on your date!!! 

I'm currently at 1.5 weeks into my 3 weeks of Opti. I bought all vanilla - and wish I would have gotten at least one chocolate just to see what it was like.  Each box is a half week.  

I got a bunch of DaVinci sugar free syrups to get me through. I ordered them from the low carb grocery in Toronto - maybe there is one in Ottawa.  It gives me a lot of variety - and I bought a bottle of chocolate so I can make a shake chocolate if I want.  

I have a 4 year old. She hasn't made a peep about me not eating.  We started feeding the kids dinner before us about a week before I switched to Opti, just so it wouldn't be a sudden change. We did it slowly over that week still eating some meals together. She has noticed I'm having smoothies, and I've made her some banana and yogurt smoothies at the same time if she wants. 

Laura M.
on 4/26/16 8:50 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/03/16

That's very helpful to know, thanks!!! Maybe I will try one box of chocolate. Or perhaps buy a sugar free chocolate syrup to add to the vanilla??

northernga1
on 4/27/16 1:41 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada
On April 27, 2016 at 12:33 AM Pacific Time, need_to_run_81 wrote:

Congrats on your date!!! 

I'm currently at 1.5 weeks into my 3 weeks of Opti. I bought all vanilla - and wish I would have gotten at least one chocolate just to see what it was like.  Each box is a half week.  

I got a bunch of DaVinci sugar free syrups to get me through. I ordered them from the low carb grocery in Toronto - maybe there is one in Ottawa.  It gives me a lot of variety - and I bought a bottle of chocolate so I can make a shake chocolate if I want.  

I have a 4 year old. She hasn't made a peep about me not eating.  We started feeding the kids dinner before us about a week before I switched to Opti, just so it wouldn't be a sudden change. We did it slowly over that week still eating some meals together. She has noticed I'm having smoothies, and I've made her some banana and yogurt smoothies at the same time if she wants. 

you can add a spoon of cocoa powder into your vanilla to make it into chocolate :)

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

need_to_run_81
on 4/27/16 3:12 pm

I'll do this tonight!!!! 

sneezy6145
on 4/26/16 7:30 pm

Congratulations on getting your date. June is not that far away!! You are on your way to the loser bench!!

Most Active
Recent Topics