What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Zizzler
on 4/28/16 3:30 am

Good morning everyone.  Did not sleep well last night, kept having nightmares.  Is anyone else super sad that Prince is dead?  I have been wearing purple all week in honour of him. This weekend I watched Purple Rain for the first time in maybe 20 years.  I am always amazed at how a movie can seem completely different each time you see it.  The movie is the same, but I have changed so I interpret it differently.  That is so cool to me.

Yesterday I did something I thought I could never do.  I stood in front of a classroom of people and taught for 3 hours straight - in French!  Afterward I was exhausted but very proud of myself.  Yay me!  Pre-op I would never have dared to do this and certainly would not have had the energy and physical capability to complete the task.  Anyone else doing stuff they never thought they could pre-op? 

20 months post op 

b - gnc lean chocolate protein shake mixed into decaf coffee throughout day

s - 30 calorie yogurt, slice of cheese

l - mixed wax beans with meat sauce and parmesan cheese

s - premier protein shake in decaf coffee

d - kidney beans topped with garlic powder, 1 tsp margarine, and hot sauce

s - more of dinner if I get hungry, chamomile tea with sf sweetener before bed

all water and vits. Have a nice day everyone.

Wenders8
on 4/28/16 4:07 am

Good morning Z!  Wow, you should very proud of yourself- what an amazing accomplishment!  I am still uncomfortable in front of large groups- not due to my weight but due to my extreme shyness!  I have been MIA for awhile and miss this thread so thought I should get back to it.  So here is goes:

10 1/2 mths post op

b- protein drink

s- Greek yogurt

l- salad with chicken

s- snap peas with babaganosh to dunk in- pretty sure that is spelled wrong! Lol

d- going out with friends, but will be some sort of chicken and veggies

s- if needed a mini light baby bel

all water and vits

have a wonderful day everyone!

Zizzler
on 4/28/16 3:54 pm

Hey Wenders8, nice to see you posting.  I am a shy person too so I am finding all the training exhausting.  Not sure I want to do it long-term but it feels empowering to know I can do it.  Is babaganosh eggplant?

Wenders8
on 4/28/16 7:43 pm

Your right Z It is made with eggplant.  It's a tangy dip of sorts that adds nice flavour to veggies. The nutritional stats are okay and it's a nice change of pace.  

I find anything outside of my normal workload is exhausting. Having to be " on" all the time when training is hard. But isn't it awesome that you are comfortable doing that now!  

Zizzler
on 4/29/16 2:32 am

Do you make the eggplant dip or buy it?  If you make it do you have a recipe?

I do not feel comfortable doing it but they changed my work description without a promotion so it is either I do it or find another job.  The pride I feel is more that I "can" do it rather than that I feel comfortable doing it.  It feels really great to get through a very uncomfortable situation and still be ok. Now if only I can take that feeling and use it to make other changes in my life. We shall see :0)

Wenders8
on 4/29/16 12:05 pm

embrace the changes you have made Z and the others will happen when they are meant too.  You have done so incredibly well!   

The babaganosh is store bought, but you have inspired me to look for a recipe.  If I find a good one, I,will let you know!   Have a wonderful weekend! 

Meggles07
on 4/28/16 4:24 am - Canada

Last day of my workshop today. I take so much food with me I feel like a walking buffet. A few strange looks when I skipped the trays of danishes and cookies and pulled out my cheese and applesauce instead. Those cookies sure smelled good though.

The most significant thing I have done so far that I wouldn't have done before is ride an upsidedown rollercoaster. I'm sure there are other things, I just can't think of them at the moment :)

13 months post-op

Breakfast - ham and yogurt

Snack - cheese, pretzel's

Lunch - pepperettes, carrots, crackers

Snack - cheese, applesauce

Snack - nuts, pudding

Dinner - steak and veg

Snack - pudding, protein cake

All water and vits.

Zizzler
on 4/28/16 3:56 pm

Upside down roller coaster?  I did not know that even existed.  Rollercoasters scare the crap out of me!

Meggles07
on 4/28/16 4:55 pm - Canada

I just meant a rollercoaster that goes upside down at some points. The one I went on had a corkscrew part so you go upside down to the side instead of when you are going forward (like a big loop)... If that makes sense :)

Zizzler
on 4/29/16 2:38 am

It makes sense but I am a baby when it comes to rides.  I like bumper carts, carousel, games, etc.  Tilt a whirl is being brave for me! lol 

Most Active
Recent Topics