What are you eating/doing today? (Saturday)

Meggles07
on 4/30/16 4:57 am - Canada

Off to drop my brother off at some umpire training camp today and then going to the farmers market.  Can't wait to see what fresh foods we can add to our menu :)

I have started drinking SF hot cocoa in the mornings and I find it keeps me full feeling for quite a bit.  I'm back down two pounds this week with about 5-10 to go (I think).  I still struggle to cut back my calories over the day.  Yesterday was my lowest calorie total in weeks, so that is something to celebrate.  Now I just need to get more active.  I think the nice weather will help with that though :)

A question for today:  do people feel hungry at their current calorie intake?  What strategies do people use for combating the feeling of hunger?

13 months post op

Breakfast - turkey, yogurt

Snack - carrots, pb

Lunch - Tomato soup, meatballs, crackers

Snack - cheese stick, applesauce

Snack - protein bar, pudding

Dinner - pork roast, veggies

Snack - greek yogurt

All water and vits.

Patm
on 4/30/16 5:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I seldom feel physically hungry. Most of my hunger is emotional. I eat mostly dense protein.

I used to love farmers markets. Now that we use little in the way of fruits and vegetables I do not enjoy it as much. I just over buy and waste it. There is just the two of us at home now so do not go through a lot.

Off shortly for a long walk with the dog. Hope to clean up the garden a bit. Might also go to Costco

b greek yogurt, applesauce

l tuna, cucumbers

s cheese string

d not sure, may go out. If not chicken

s cheese and crackers

Have a good day everyone

crqvingchange
on 4/30/16 1:36 pm

Most days I don't get hungry.  I think this in part to Guelph's guideline of not eating a large volume at any one meal ( 2 oz protein, 1/4-1/3 cup veg etc. )  So they say to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks.  It's hard to get in all 6 a day and sometimes I just have a protein coffee instead of the meal.  Guelph approved me for protein shakes very early on because I was exercising in the morning and couldn't tolerate solid food at that time.  I kind of now have protein shakes in place of a meal anytime of day when I'm busy or lazy.  Sometimes a person is just to busy to constantly be in the kitchen.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 4/30/16 2:05 pm - Canada

I'm through Guelph as well and do the six small meals/snacks. But I've had hunger since the day after surgery. The dietitian told me that some people do get hungry and some don't. If I miss a meal or wait too long I start feeling ill. I have been trying to prepare more dense protein things to grab to try to stay full longer. Also, once I start drinking water I start feeling hungry, so I definitely wait at least 30 minutes after eating before I drink anything.

Zizzler
on 5/1/16 9:53 am

Meggles I am exactly the same as you, I had hunger the day after surgery.  I try to stick to high protein low carb veg most of the time, get lots of water in, take my vitamins.  If I miss a meal I get sick too, and that is when I make bad choices sometimes.  I am able to eat better when I am getting enough sleep and when I have less stress.  SF hot chocolate is helpful, I often add whey protein to make it even more satiating.  It sounds like you are doing the right things all around.  I find the most important thing is to do my best and when I makes a mistake to get back on track as soon as possible.  I also try to eat when I am hungry only, even if it is mealtime.  If I am not hungry I do not eat.   If it seems like a long time with no hunger I will have protein shake. 

Most Active
Recent Topics