In my gown!

need_to_run_81
on 5/6/16 9:56 am

It's my day!!  I'm in my gown and waiting for Dr. Penner to rearrange my insides.

fasteddy
on 5/6/16 10:06 am

Hope everything goes well for you. It will be finished in no time now!

MonaLisaSmile
on 5/6/16 1:53 pm - Canada

Welcome to the NEW YOU!!!!!  Happy Healing !!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

lizz122964
on 5/6/16 8:07 pm

Congratulations, how are you doing? I'm having my surgery June 6th. 

need_to_run_81
on 5/9/16 6:30 pm

Friday night was pretty brutal, my heart rate and blood pressure were pretty crazy - it was mainly due to pain (I have a back injury and the pain meds weren't touching the pain coming from it).  It took a few hours, but they got it down and I was up in my room around 8:30pm. Surgery was at 3pm.  I got up for a walk around 11:30 on Friday night. Saturday I got up and took a ten minute walk, then slept for a couple hours got up and had another 10 minute walk and slept for a few hours. On Saturday afternoon they moved me to a private room, so I slept well Saturday night. (I was in a semi-private with a woman with dementia and she kept me up a lot - despite the anesthetic still being in my system.) Sunday I was up around 8am and took a 25 minute brisk walk. They checked me out around 10:45am.  I've been at a friend's house since. I slept 10 hours last night and have been able to pass wind. I feel a million times better I have tolerated liquids well since surgery. I feel really lucky!  I tire easily. Car rides feel pretty gross - so take pain meds an hour before you leave the hospital!!!  Otherwise I'm impressed with my recovery time. I doubt I'll be off work more than a couple weeks.  I had a 3 hour nap today, but it's 9:30 now and I'm still wide awake. 

lizz122964
on 5/9/16 7:41 pm

Congrats, sounds like your doing well. 

Elliebear
on 5/10/16 5:37 am - Durham region,Ontario

Sounds like you are on your way, Congrats !!!!

Elliebear
on 5/6/16 8:30 pm - Durham region,Ontario

Hi ya, I am one week post op and had Dr Penner, he is great.  Let me know how u are doing when u get a chance.

sneezy6145
on 5/6/16 9:30 pm

I hope everything went well! I'm so happy for you! 

Most Active
Recent Topics