Awaiting and awaiting

LeslieT3440
on 5/23/16 7:36 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good Morning All and Happy May 24

I was wondering if anyone else going through the TWH program could say approx how long would I have to wait to hear about y surgery date. I have my meet the Surgeon appointment on July 22nd and was told I will need to buy my Otpifast at this appointment. I sure has been a long processes (but very educational and informative) I had my orientation April 29 2015. I am very excited and looking forward to the next step to achieving a healthier life.  

fiercebynature
on 5/23/16 10:23 am

I'm in the same boat my appointment is July 15th . I have no idea how long after that appointment the surgery date will be.

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

LeslieT3440
on 5/23/16 2:36 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Nice keep me posted.

Ginnny
on 5/23/16 11:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

My surgery was 8 weeks after I met the surgeon 

I met him via telehealth so he told me they would call me about ordering the Opti. They did that about the 2nd week after my meeting. 

LeslieT3440
on 5/23/16 2:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my your are traveling quite the distance to TWH ( your are with TWH????) You mentioned you were booked  weeks after, have you had your surgery yet & how are you doing well I hope.

Ginnny
on 5/24/16 4:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi, yes, I was done at TWH on April 11th.  I'm six weeks post-op (yesterday) and I'm doing great! Down 16.5 lbs since surgery.

I had no complications and was able to drink somewhat normal as soon as I got home.  No issues with getting my water in at all.  I progressed easily through the food phases and thankfully have not experienced any intolerances to foods. Meeting the protein goal is tough some days as the calories creep up much quicker than the protein grams.

Some people get a surgery date sooner than what I did, it really is just luck of the draw!

Good luck to you.

Karen

shrinktofit
on 5/23/16 2:00 pm - Canada

I had my surgeon's appointment on April 2nd, and got my surgery date, which is June 13th.

You do have to order your Opti at this appointment - you just order & give them your credit card & they deliver it to you.

At first I was a little discouraged by the lengthily process, but I think it's good that it takes so long because it gives you time to really process everything and make sure it's the right choice for you.

You'll be at the end of the process before you know it!

LeslieT3440
on 5/23/16 2:31 pm - Mississauga, Canada

OMG June 13th is just round the corner :-). You much be so elated. Oh I do wish you the best with Opti OMG I am not looking forward to it yeww it tastes so yeeeeeew. Hey it was great the gave us a taste test in the NUT class lol I do indeed understand why they give us recipes to spruce it up. I hear adding instant coffee make it a little less yeeeew lolLet me know how it goes. Best with the surgery too :-)

I have experienced quite the roller-coaster reaching this point. I agree it is good they have you go through this process, it sure does give you time to really let it sink in. Our journey is health focused and the TWH Program ( I'm sure the other programs have the same focus) is very supportive.

I'm not sure if it is normal to feel this was but ever since I knew I hit this stage of actually meeting the Surgeon i have jumped on the emotional roller-coaster at a faster pace lol I am mostly excited and on a high but there is that little beast interrupting the joy with some anxiety :-( but the anxiety of not completing this journey is for more frightening.    

Leslie W.
on 5/23/16 2:00 pm - Cobourg, Canada

At Twh when I met wwith the surgeon I left with my date for surgery. You pay for your Opti and it gets delivered to your home.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
LeslieT3440
on 5/23/16 2:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Thank you.

I have read some of your posts and am inspired by your success in surgery and an amzing recovery. :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics