Working out (pre-op) and it feels different

Teena D.
on 5/26/16 4:49 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Like most of you, I am pretty sure I have tried just about every diet out there.  Last fall i started doing the 21 Day fix - basically 30 minutes of exercise every day and there is a Facebook group for motivation. I love working out but I got discouraged, decided to go ahead with weight loss surgery and have been trying to get the motivation to start doing the workouts ever since.

Anyway, this week I started again and I've noticed an interesting phenomenon (lol). I am not fixated on the scale!!! I'm doing this just to feel better and I don't care about the number on the scale... Actually, I do care about it but not in the same way. I'm not going to get discouraged if it doesn't drop.  I'm starting today to track my food in My Fitness Pal, but if my weight doesn't go down, so be it.  I'm not going to let it get me discouraged. I'm laying the groundwork to be successful post surgery and that's what it's all about.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Ginnny
on 5/26/16 5:04 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

That's a great attitude!  Sounds like success to me!

Teena D.
on 5/26/16 7:22 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thanks! That's definitely the plan!

crqvingchange
on 5/26/16 8:30 am

That is a great attitude.  Most people on the board will tell you that working out doesn't make that much difference in your weight loss.  I work out almost everyday and it does give you more energy, a feeling of strength, and muscles.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Teena D.
on 5/26/16 10:35 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Yes, I would completely agree. I know it won't do much towards weight loss- but it is a big step towards a healthy lifestyle. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics