Surgeon change

wiccandove
on 5/26/16 7:20 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

My surgeon has been changed from Dr. Jackson to Dr. Urbach - any have Dr. Urbach?

Leslie W.
on 5/27/16 5:40 am - Cobourg, Canada

He did my surgery. I never met him buut my hussband did!. At TWH you get which ever surgeon who is operating that day. Met Jackson pre-op. Was asleep by the time he came to OR. Saw resident after. Saw Jackson at follow up. Surgery went really well

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
wiccandove
on 5/27/16 5:54 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

Sorry, you had Dr. Jackson? I was wondering if anyone had Dr. Urbach :)

Jennellybean
on 5/27/16 6:14 am - Canada

I was supposed to have Dr. Urbach, but never met him pre-op. A resident surgeon conducted my pre-op appointment for Dr. Urbach. Day of surgery, I ended up having Dr. Penner. 

Honestly, the way TWH works, it really doesn't matter who your surgeon is. You'll meet the surgeon for literally 30 seconds prior to surgery so he can sign your belly- and that's it. 

Post-op, even with suffering from a post-operative bleed, I never saw the surgeons again but was dealt with by the resident surgeons. All post-op follow up appointments have been with nurse practitioner or nutritionist. 

Don't fret about a change in surgeons! You'll be asleep anyway and more than likely won't see them again! 

Referral: April 28 2015 Orientation: July 29 2015 Social Worker: September 1 2015 Nurse Practitioner: September 16 2015 Nutrition Class: October 20 2015 Psychologist November 11 2015 Dietitian November 17 2015 Meet the Surgeon December 11 2015 Surgery January 26 2016

Ginnny
on 5/27/16 7:55 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Dr. Urbach did my surgery and he was very nice!  A couple of other medical professionals I've talked to since my surgery said I had the master!

I had a check up yesterday and the doctor at the Bariatric Clinic said it hardly even looked like I had surgery, my scars have healed so well (I'm six weeks out).

Be thankful if you actually get him on the day of your surgery!

wiccandove
on 5/27/16 8:55 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

need_to_run_81
on 5/29/16 6:24 pm

Just wanted to say...  The surgeon they said was my surgeon wasn't the one I met at my meeting and then that one wasn't the one that did my operation. Don't have your heart set on anyone, especially if you're the type of person who will fret on surgery day.  TWH is interesting in that way. (I ended up with Dr. Penner - my husband talked to him for a bit post op, but otherwise I had like a 5 minute conversation with him before surgery when he signed my belly, and we talked about nothing related to the procedure at all!) 

Most Active
Recent Topics