St Catharines Support Group

patty-cakes
on 5/29/16 12:32 pm

On June the 8th at the Uptown Library by the police station is our monthly Meeting from 7-9. Hope to vsee and meet people out there. I just recently started going and they are a great group of people.

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/16 4:32 am

I guess it was good timing to look here again. I will try to attend

Liz

patty-cakes
on 6/8/16 8:11 pm

Really great to meet you tonight Liz  TRhank You very much for sharing with us and please please please share away.. lol i'm not sure if i was just handed off to do meetings or not since the lady that does do them is busy july and aug and asked if i mind setting up the next meetings lol i really was not thinking when i said sure as i have not had the surgery so i do not hjave the info or experiance that you all have in the group so i will try i think maybe just do q/a sessions and get to meet everyone on a better level maybe even one of these months july or aug set it up as a pot luck.. anyways was nice to meet you

patty-cakes
on 6/8/16 8:30 pm

also not sure if your a member to the group on facebook but here you go https://www.facebook.com/groups/NiagaraRegionBariatricWLS/

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/16 6:32 am

Hey, it was a good meeting last night. I felt bad about walking in late but things happened as I walked out the door and then I had to park far away, so I didn't get to the beginning of the meeting. I was glad to be there. I think Bonnie would be a good one to have visit after a few years after surgery for people because one does tend to get lazy in following the rules.

I think for summer relaxed meetings it is okay to have someone who has not had the surgery because we can just chat about what is going on, struggles or positive events.

I would not be one to be in charge so just being the one to welcome attendees is good in my eyes.

The Owen Sound group was very informal but just went through small topics or portions of each stage of the food changes. 

I do hope to get to Port Colbourne for he next meeting as I will be away for the August one. I hope the email list goes to everyone too. Sometimes one on one between members helps too.

Keep in touch 

patty-cakes
on 6/15/16 11:26 am

things have got crazy so sorry for getting back so late.. First off do not worry about showing up late or anything.. You made it and that is what is important. Would byou be interested in taking questions at next meeting? i figure since you have had it awhile ago you would be a great person to learn from..  i was thinking maybe doing a Q&A meeting becuase we do not seem to get enough time to ask questions.

the meeting will not be until the 20th becuase i do not drive and my husband is working the second wed of the month. i do have the address. it is 100 McRae Avenue, Port Colborne L3K 2A8... i did not get the email list or the shopping list she said my email kept coming back to her so i will give it to her when she calls me back but mine is [email protected].. feel free to message me anytime i'm also on facebook if you are as well.

Most Active
Recent Topics