This is it....

sneezy6145
on 6/21/16 7:19 am

Today is my last day, in this life/body, as I know it. Tomorrow I begin optifast and 3 weeks later, surgery. I'm ok, I said goodbye to my favorites and am finishing off tonight with my dad's homemade chicken chunks (actually a very healthy meal, reciepe came from a heart healthy cook book). I'm not sad and I am ready but I have to admit I am feeling nervous. I have been imagining the end results in this journey but, is that how this all turns out? I don't know, maybe even better, right? Anyway, thanks for reading my whinning and to all of you who give your knowledge and support it helps us newbiews. Make room on the bench, I'm coming!

Monica9811
on 6/21/16 7:32 am - Peterborough, Canada

Good luck with everything!  Opti will be tough the first 2-3 days and then you will actually enjoy them.  At least I know I did.  What is the recipe for the chicken chunks?  They sound good...

If you feel yourself wanting to cheat, grab some water or chew some gum.  The feeling will pass.  I wasn't even hungry when I was on opti and only did 3 shakes a day.  Sometimes you just felt the need to chew and we were allowed cucumber at Humber so I crunched on a couple of those.

3 weeks will fly by for you.

good luck

sneezy6145
on 6/21/16 10:11 am

Thank you for the good luck....as for the chicken chunks, I have asked for the receipe for years now. My 8 year old son, who is one of the pickiest eaters on the planet,(didn't get that from me) it's his absolutely favorite meal! My dad has yet to give me the receipe. When I go see him (he lives in NJ) or he comes up here, I always get a cooler filled of containers. He makes big batches (when chicken goes on sale) and freezes it.  All I can say for sure, it's chicken breast cut up in chunks and then marinated (that's the secret part). It's redish, so my guess is it has paprika in it, definately minced garlic. Then you put Special K cereal in a bowl and cru**** with your hands and that's what you coat the chicken in. Put tin foil on a cookie sheet, spray with pam, and bake. I will ask him again for the recipe, for you. I told him the last time I was down there that he better not die and not tell me how to make this chicken, my son would be devistated. He did show me where the reciepe is located, lol.

Eragon2015
on 6/21/16 9:33 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

I just finished opti last tuesday, had my surgery on wednesdy. But like Monica said, opti will be a bit tough first couple of days. Especially when  you see others eating yummy stuff around you. Its the head hunger thing. I wasnt hungery on opti, filled me up. I thought i would need to put flavour in them to make them taste good. Turns out they already did to me. LOL

I kinda miss having them. Meals were so easy. Your 3 weeks will go by before ya know it. What helped me out was making some examples of menus for when I was on full fluids for 2 weeks, puree for 1 and mi ced for one. Things I really missed.

Best of starting opti. Dont worry too much about not eating. Just remember what is coming. 

RNY Surgery June 15, 2016 with Dr Hagen

HW 267 CW 193

lizz122964
on 6/21/16 1:45 pm

yeah, your time will fly by. I'm so happy for you. Optifast was hard at times, the head hunger part. Just try to go do something else when that happens. I'm 2 weeks out from surgery now. Started pureed yesterday. Everything for me has been great. Follow what the Dr. tells you and you'll be great 2. See you on the losers bench. 

Most Active
Recent Topics