Rough Day :(

wiccandove
on 6/23/16 12:22 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

I'm just going to vent for a minute - apologies

This morning I tried to change things up a little by making decaf coffee and adding some of my protein shake to it, in hopes of it tasting like a mocha coffee. Instead it tasted like warm protein shake, only more bitter. I drank it but only got in half a protein shake where normally I just drink a whole shake and forgo the coffee part so I guess thats what I'll just keep doing.

Then, I decided to make some eggs. I had just finished cooking them when the BF asked me to go for a walk to pick up the dog from puppy daycare, so I rushed eating them. BIG HUGE MISTAKE!!!

I had awful pain and threw up within 5 minutes. I know its because I ate to much to fast. That was at 11am and I am still sore. I called the nurse to ask how long I could expect to be painful and she said she didn't like to give a range because pain was relative but she said if its still painful in 2-3 days call back. 2-3 days!!??!! She also told me to go back to clear fluids for a bit and I could take tylenol if it was really bad. 

I took a nap hoping I would feel better when I woke up but I don't. I'm sitting here sipping unsweet brewed ice tea and cursing myself. I feel I set myself back. I'm such a dumbass.

ok thats it - end rant.

White Dove
on 6/23/16 1:30 pm - Warren, OH

You strained your stomach by throwing up and it should feel better after a day of liquids only.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Leslie W.
on 6/23/16 2:17 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Your allowed to vent. We are all guilty of eating too fast or now chewing enough and bringing it back up. Sometimes even when you eat slowly it doesn't sit well. It is a learning stage. I liked papaya enzyme if I ate something that was hard to digest. Some people have more challenges with different foods.

Feel better soon

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
ready-4-new-start
on 6/23/16 2:28 pm - Canada

I feel ur pain, yesterday I tried salad for dinner  after couple hours I was dry heaving so badly then got explosive diarrhea that lasted all night.. My stomach is so sore today and I feel like crap.. Back to liquids for couple days.. I won't be having any fresh vegs for while.. It was so horrible!! 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

lizz122964
on 6/23/16 5:04 pm

I noticed that we had our surgery on the same day. Everything is so new for us. It really is a whole new learning experience. Feel better soon. 

MonaLisaSmile
on 6/23/16 8:06 pm - Canada

You're not a DUMBASS......you are just learning.

We all learn best by making  our own mistakes. They were just a couple of many to come in the days and months ahead.....lol ........just like we all did........but you will be fine !!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

wiccandove
on 6/23/16 8:23 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

Thank you all so much.

Just a tough day all around. My bf made a big chicken Alfredo dish for him and the kids, meanwhile I'm sipping my water and smelling this food - total head hunger, plus my tummy hurting. I had to just go out of the house for a while while they ate and sit in the fresh air. Tomorrow is another day!

Teena D.
on 6/23/16 8:59 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

So sorry you had such a rough day. Hope you're feeling better soon. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/16 7:59 am
VSG on 07/27/16

I am not yet on the loser bench, but from I have been reading this will happen to all of us at one time or another and happen more than once.

I hope you feel better soon!

mrsbandy77
on 6/24/16 6:28 pm
RNY on 05/20/16

This has happened to,me a couple times already even tho I thought I did everything right..only thing ive not got sick on is chili and boiled eggs. Otherwise i get sooo sick and for 8 hours sometimes dry heaving and painful heartburn kinda.it sucks but nice to know its not just me I just gotta learn how to eat again right..

(hw) 402  (sw) 378  (cw) 263

(gw) 200  

Most Active
Recent Topics