Waiting is so hard

Deb007
on 7/8/16 8:51 am

Hi all.  I haven't posted before, but I have gained so much insight through this board.  I am going through TWH and all of my initial appointments have gone by without a hitch.  My appointment with the surgeon is at the end of Auguest and the waiting is killing me.  I do have one question.  At this stage does it mean I have been approved or can the surgeon still say no.  I have been working very hard at losing some more weight and I am trying to increase my mobility and my iron.  Sometimes I feel like I am going to burst.  I have been wanting to go to a support group, but I am also painfully shy.  

Leslie W.
on 7/8/16 10:13 am - Cobourg, Canada

When you have completed all your appointments your fie went to rounds once all approved you get your surgeons appointment. Did they tell you to bring a credit card for your opti?

At this point you shoud be a go. 

It is hard to join support groups. I went to one with a girl I met on OH who was a yr ahead of me. Brought my hubby with me and we really enjoyed it. Had a whole new social life. Bring someone with you. We actually met in the food court of a mall. Seeing people eat regular food  decreased my anxiety emensly.

July is almost over. Enjoy the rest of the summer. Won't be long

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Deb007
on 7/8/16 5:08 pm

Thanks.  I was hoping this was the case.  I will just stay the course and out if my own head as I wait.

LeslieT3440
on 7/8/16 5:02 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I am going through TWH too, my surgeon appointment is this month on the 22nd. I agree once they send your file to rounds after all appointments are complete I think that all is a go. The surgeon appointment is the final one b4 pre-op appointment which is final blood work and to meet the anesthesiologist. As for support groups I would be interested in joining something I could actually attend on a weekly or bi-weekly basis even though I find a lot of support and info on OH, it would just be another way of getting involved and the more support we get it will make all the transitions easier. 

Best wishes and luck with your up coming surgeon appointment. 

Deb007
on 7/8/16 5:12 pm

You are going to be a month and bit before me.  My appointment is Aug 29.  I know there us a support group at the hospital, but I want to make sure.  Until then I am just taking care of myself.   Good luck with your appointment.  You must be excited.

LeslieT3440
on 7/8/16 5:25 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, I'm very excited. Yours is only 4 weeks later and will go by rather quickly, I was given my appointment at the beginning of May lol the waiting over the course of this journey is teaching me to wait lol better thing are coming   .  I always wanted to attend the support group at TWH but I live in Mississauga and the meeting time per my work schedule doesn't work for me fortunately.   

I hear it is pretty good, look into it you might find it helpful and supportive.

Best wishes. :-)

Toronto Girl
on 7/12/16 6:01 pm

I had my surgeon appointment on March 11 and was offered May 3 as my date. That may give you a sense of how long you have to deal with things after.

I had to travel so I deferred to this fall so now I have Oct 21.

TWH Referral April 1 2015. Orientation July 2015. Social worker Aug 20. Nurse Aug 27. Nutrition Sept 14. Dietitian Nov 18. Psyc Nov 20. Meet surgeon Mar 4. Surgery Oct 21 (deferred because of travel). Dr. Jackson. 
HW 291, SW 276.

northernga1
on 7/8/16 5:53 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

if you're anemic now pre op i would suggest you switch to feramax 150 iron talk to your pharmacy.  I was able to raise my ferritin from 36 to 4 in 6 weeks by taking it 3 times a day.  This is the best iron absorbed after bariatric surgery so might as well switch now.

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Deb007
on 7/8/16 6:04 pm

Excellent.  Thanks for the advice.  I am seeing my doctor soon and I have an appointment with a hemotologist same week( jyst to rule stuff out)

northernga1
on 7/8/16 9:06 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada
On July 9, 2016 at 1:04 AM Pacific Time, Deb007 wrote:

Excellent.  Thanks for the advice.  I am seeing my doctor soon and I have an appointment with a hemotologist same week( jyst to rule stuff out)

its a good thing you are seeing a hemotologist, i struggle to keep my ferritin over 50 and im a year post op.  I take feramax 150 3-4 times a day faithly and right now my ferritin is 48..... keeps dropping i no longer get a period had a uterine ablation done november 12 when iw as 5 months post op because of hemmoraging.  There is no other source of bleeding i did have bleeding internal hemmroids that were caused by the constipation early out after surgery but those are banded off now too.  I have always struggled with anemia and now its a struggle because i no longer absorb the iron properly.

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics