Hi everyone.

Shivani
on 7/26/16 12:06 pm

Hey all. 

Im new :-).  Surgery in less than 2 weeks and looking to learn and gather more info from the trailblazers here. I'm on optifast right now and as a diabetic it has been weird.  I'm committed and can't wait. A little scared for post op healing and complications. I will be treated out of Humber river with Dr Klein.  Any wisdom to share? 

Tracks
on 7/26/16 1:19 pm - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

Hi Shivani,

I am also going through Humber River with Dr. Klein.   You are ahead of me, I haven't gotten a surgery date yet.   Another month and I will see the nurse, social worker and dietitian.   I'm not sure how long after that I need to wait until surgery is booked.  Looking forward to hearing how your experience was.  Please keep me posted.  

Shivani
on 7/27/16 4:13 pm

Once I saw dr glazer ( the internist) things moved. 2 weeks after his okay and the trios okay. I was contacted for an appointment. I saw the surgeon on July 21 and got my date on August 8 th. 

GentleDomenic
on 7/26/16 2:08 pm - Canada

Humber forever 

Nikitabanana
on 7/26/16 3:54 pm
RNY on 05/25/16

HI and welcome! I had surgery at Humber on May 25th and Dr Klein did my RNY. I'm almost 9 weeks post op. He did a wonderful job and my experience has been a very positive one. I did 2 weeks of opti - ive lost 51 pounds since starting opti. The first few weeks were challenging - I felt lost, confused and like I was failing because I couldn't get in anywhere near my protein or water. I wasn't hungry at all and struggled with nausea daily. My bariatric team (mostly from dr kleins office) and this forum were most helpful. Now at 2 months out I get hungry, can eat more, don't have nausea and can drink plain water!! Up until just last week I could only drink water if lemon was squeezed in it or grape koolaid sf squirt or diluted apple juice. Things are looking up :)

You will be on the other side of surgery before you know it! Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes!! 

Nikki

Referral sent: 1/26/15 / Sleep study: 2/23/15 / Orientation: 4/20/15 HRRH / Meet Dr. Hagen: 11/17/15 (no show) / Meet Dr. Klein: 12/10/15 / Trio appointments: 2/11/16 / Follow up appointment SW and RD: 3/16/16 / Dr. Glazer: 3/30/16 / Dr. Klein: 5/9/16 / Surgery date 5/25/16 / LBL with Dr. Nandagopal 3/9/18 - PS SW 155

HW - 280. Opti start - 280. Surgery day - 266. CW - 142.

Shivani
on 7/27/16 4:17 pm

Hi.   I'm in the same boat- the optifast is doable with coffee grinds added. It still makes me very nauseous. I didn't have a great 1st impression with the trio at Humber river. My 2nd appointment was much better. I'm feeling very anxious only because I would like the process to hurry along so that I can get to my goal  which I am sure you also felt. So far in your opinion what has been the hardest part of this ? 

misskellyk
on 7/30/16 7:37 am

What happened the first time you met the "trio"? I'm with HRRH too. Meet Dr. Hagen on Aug 8 to get things started. Nervous and so excited!

Shivani
on 8/1/16 6:06 pm

Read your literature they gave you at your consult and take in ur food log. It's like a bit if a job interview. They ask you a series of questions to see if you are ready. How is the procedure done? What changes have you made to get ready? Specifics about vitamins etc. 

li get the feeling there is some power tripping on behalf of some ppl at the trio appt because they know it's their okay that gets you to the next step. Stay focused and sure of your answers and be will be fine.  I bought a book  to help me out and I "studied" before my 2nd appt. I was asked to come back in to see another trio- I was totally not prepared for the first appt And quite overwhelmed which caused me to mumble like an idiot. I was quite taken aback since they were so rude to me the first time around. My 2nd appt was great and I felt very supported. 

Ps. I'll be getting surgery when ur meeting dr Hagen! Lol. 

Pina
on 8/2/16 6:35 am

Thanks Shivani,  I can't believe how nervous I am about the appointments (I guess it is because I am ready for this to happen and don't want any additional delays). 

Shivani
on 8/2/16 8:36 am

Hey Pina, 

I totally understand that sentiment. I was really nervous and overwhelmed for my appointment and totally misunderstood it's purpose so I wasn't ready. However, them asking me to come back for another trio didn't affect me getting a surgery date. It was scheduled the day after I saw dr glazer- so once the Bariatric clinics faxed over their paperwork I was given a date. Don't worry! You'll be okay. Trust me I wish I could have asked the same questions about the trio that was found on this site so I could better prepare. :-) 

Most Active
Recent Topics