Holy....This is All Taking Off!!

inkedgirl73
on 7/27/16 7:06 am - Canada

after having orientation @ HRRH Dec 10/16, I FINALLY got an appointment with Dr Huynh July 14.  I was then given a trio appt for Oct 4 and was put on the cancellation list.  I was told to call Dr Glazer and get an appt asap...apparently it takes quite a while.  When i called they gave me an appt for July 25 (yahoo! i must have called at a good time :)  )  I went to that and he passed me right there, no additional test needed (just have low vit D levels and need to supplement) he told me to call Dr Huynh's office and let them know he passed me.  I called and the nurse asked if I had had my trios yet.  I told her my appt wasn't until October.  she asked me if I would be willing to have my surgery in September instead of December/Jan.  I said sure...providing my other appointments go well.  she said they had available spots in September but no patients to fill them because they are all waiting on Dr Glazer appointments!  So she went ahead and called Humber Bariatric clinic and they changed my appt for trios to tomorrow!! HOLY!  Needless to say...I have been studying all my paperwork I have been given.  I am thankful I started to make changes in January and didn't wait until things got moving because...man...are they moving!  I am excited, nervous, anxious....have so many things going through my head now.  None of them doubtful about the surgery...I know this is what i want...but just am looking forward to the day AFTER surgery....my new beginning is just around the corner :) 

orientation HRRH - Dec 10/16, Surgeon Dr Huynh - July 14/16, Dr Glazer - July 25/16, Trios - July 28/16, Surgery date - Sept 23/16

HW- 254

Teena D.
on 7/27/16 7:20 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Wow! That's amazing!  Feeling a little envious right now but so happy for you. ? 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

inkedgirl73
on 7/27/16 7:50 am - Canada

it will come quicker than you think :)  I was planning for december...but not going to say no if they want me to do it in September!  however it means i need to get my **** together and start investigating what i am going to have to stock up on...vitamins, shakes, protein powders....just making a schedule for myself.  I am nervous though...the surgery part.  I have never had a surgery before.  Had a c-section, but never been put out.  I am thankful for this site....listening to everyone's stories and not once have I read about anyone regretting the surgery....helps put my mind at ease :) 

orientation HRRH - Dec 10/16, Surgeon Dr Huynh - July 14/16, Dr Glazer - July 25/16, Trios - July 28/16, Surgery date - Sept 23/16

HW- 254

Teena D.
on 7/27/16 7:54 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I've never had any surgeries. 3 pregnancies but never needed surgery. Oh, I had my tonsils out when I was 6 lol. I agree with you. If TWH offered me the chance to have mine sooner I'd be all over that! 

When will you start on Opti?

inkedgirl73
on 7/27/16 8:01 am - Canada

I have no idea.  Have the trios tomorrow, so I guess it all depends and whether they all pass me or if I need to go back to see anyone at a later date.  I would rather have the surgery booked for late September, opposed to early September...just so my kids are all settled in at school.  I am not looking forward to 2 weeks of the opti, lol!  that's going to suck...all par for the course though :)

HW- 254

inkedgirl73
on 7/30/16 10:49 am - Canada

Well surgery is Sept 23, so two weeks before that. I go Aug 16 to pick it up from dr.huynhs office

HW- 254

Teena D.
on 7/30/16 7:18 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good luck! 

Akatiti
on 7/27/16 5:11 pm - Canada

that's fantastic news!!!

my appointment with Dr Glazier was moved up as well form October to June. My trio appointment is next week. I hope to have surgery by the end of the year.

hope all goes well with your trio appointment tomorrow. Any tips you can share, I'd really appreciate it

inkedgirl73
on 7/29/16 10:54 am - Canada

HI!  well I passed all of them :)

ok...the dietician she really wants you to tell her why you struggle with weight...bad habits. Wants to know changes you have made and will continue to make. you have to describe the surgery and know what they are going to do to you.  know what some complications can be (understand that with any surgery death can be a factor.) you need to know what vitamins you will require and how much.  she asks you to tell her the food phases after surgery, how long for each and give examples of the kinds of foods you can eat. you really need to study the book they gave you at orientation. social worker - wants to make sure you have people around you who are positive and supportive, that you can afford the purchase the vitamins after surgery and as well as the optifast. Wants to make sure you are mentally really for a lifetime change.

nurse - easy...takes blood pressure and goes over all the vitamins, optifast etc.

good luck!

HW- 254

Akatiti
on 7/29/16 11:34 am - Canada

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you.

since my orientation I've been studying a little every day. Made changes to my eating and excerise ( lost 20lbs since referral )

At the orientation the dietician said we'd be able to use the book to answer questions, is this true?

i feel like I know everything well but when I get nervous I forget everything.

how long did your trio appointment go? Do they run on time?

how many weeks of optifast do you have to do?

thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it

Most Active
Recent Topics