workouts / exercise?

better_life_ahead
on 7/28/16 10:36 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

Hey all, just wondering what everyone does for workouts / exercise? 

do you go to the gym? workout at home?

Thanks!

dog_hair_dinner
on 7/29/16 4:56 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I walk my dogs for 30 minutes minimum 7 days a week.  On top of that, I do cardio at the gym for 30/40 minutes twice a week and weights for 40 minutes 3x a week.

NorthernStar
on 7/29/16 6:51 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I have mostly worked out at home in the last 4 years since my surgery. I workout consistently 5 days a week and going to the gym all the time was time consuming. I have done the gym thing on and off and I will likely do it again this fall for some variety. 

I go to hot yoga once a week at a studio as well. 

I have a nice collection of DVDs and equipment now (Dumbbells mostly). I love working out at home, it's private and convenient. I also run and hike outside. There's a million way and places to be active, it's all about what works best for you. 

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/29/16 6:56 am - Canada

I was an avid ZUMBA'ER---but over for the summer.   I love to golf and play tennis.  I walk my dog and ride my bicycle. 

Quite frankly.....I am terrible at the exercise part, thus I try to find activities that I enjoy that have a exercise-ish quality. 

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

crqvingchange
on 7/29/16 8:19 am

I swim 5 days a week, do Zumba 2 times a week and do yoga.  I would like to start biking again, but that would mean I have to get my butt in gear and get my bike road worthy.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

better_life_ahead
on 7/30/16 7:42 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

It's impossible for me to go to the gym to be able to have a normal routine. Because i need to take care of the kids during the day and then work nights. I have an elliptical and a stationary bike. we stored the bike in the shed for now since the baby and no extra room, so i like to do the elliptical at least a few times a week. I also just recently finished 3 rounds of 21 day fix and will soon start the Chalean Extreme when it arrives. Working out in house is what works for me for now, maybe I'd be able to go to the gym in a few years once the baby starts school.

SKmammabear
on 7/30/16 10:00 am

I go to ilovekickboxing.com and absolutely love it.  I don't have motivation to have a gym in my home and I don't like walking by myself.  I get an hour of hard (you get out what you put in) all-over body workout there.  I have had a hard time getting back into it since I came back from my vacation, but I went yesterday and the day before and I'm pretty sore from not working out.  I feel flabby - even more so than usual due to loose skin.  My muscles didn't like that I took a break.  

Do whatever makes you get up and move.  Go to a park with the kids, learn about geocaching and teach them to find the treasures around you.  It's a fun thing to do as well, and gets you out walking around to places you never would have gone before.  You can download the app from your app store on your phone - use the "geocaching.com" app from Groundspeak if you decide to do it!  Best of all, it doesn't cost money to go!

Enjoy

Laura in Texas
on 7/31/16 7:43 am

I have a fitbit and focus on getting at least 10,000 steps a day. Being more active is my goal. Going to a gym does not fit my schedule. Figure out what works best for you so that you will stick to it.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics