What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Teena D.
on 8/25/16 5:28 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by getting this started. :)

2nd last day before vacation so very busy at work and at home with packing! 

I'm on day 4 of All Meet All Week- 1 more day after today and I'm down 5 lbs. :)

Today-

1 protein shake

1 egg and bacon for breakfast

Pork roast for lunch

Cold cuts for snack

Not sure what's for dinner yet. 

Have a great day!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Meggles07
on 8/25/16 5:34 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Going to the states today to do some shopping. We ended up cutting the grass yesterday so my arms feel like jello today. But I'm glad we beat the rain to get it cleaned up :)

Breakfast - protein soft serve

Snack - cheese

Lunch - unknown restaurant

Snack - yogurt

Dinner - unknown

Snack - chicken

All water and vits.

DecimaXXI
on 8/25/16 6:07 am
RNY on 09/21/16

Six more days until I begin my Optifast so tonight I am headed to an Indian Restaurant.  I do not plan on going crazy but who knows if I'll be able to handle spicy food so I'd like to enjoy it one more time. 

Meggles, you mentioned shopping in the US.  I'm in Ottawa and headed to upstate NY to visit family tomorrow.  Any thoughts on things I should pick up while there?  I actually had my Opurity vitamins and Unjury protein powder sent to my sisters.  I just ordered some Crocs clogs, I never thought I would get plastic shoes but my sister liked having these for the hospital and to wear around the house. I also got a ton of books and a new pair of glasses.  My surgery is in 4 weeks so I am prepping.  I can always get things here if I need to but I'd like to take advantage of the $800 allowance for crossing.

HW - 307 (Dec 2002), SW - 249 (Aug 2016), RNY - TOH - Referral February 7, 2016, Orientation April 15, 2016, NUT April 29, Dr Exam May 20, NUT Education Class May 25, NUT June 6, NUT July 6, Meet Surgeon July 27, Surgery Dr Mamazza September 21, 2016.                                                         

Monica9811
on 8/25/16 6:16 am - Peterborough, Canada

I eat spicy food all the time. Doesn't bother me at all. Enjoy your dinner and good luck with optifast. I quite enjoyed it. 

DecimaXXI
on 8/25/16 7:13 am
RNY on 09/21/16

That you can still eat spicy food is reassuring!!  I have a little anxiety about what my reconstructed stomach will be able to handle once I get through the structured diet recovery and beyond.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear someone enjoyed the Optifast!!  I was just searching online for ways to modify the flavor with sugar free syrups, extracts and spices like cinnamon.  For some reason I asked for all vanilla. lol  I'll keep my fingers crossed that I have a great experience too!

HW - 307 (Dec 2002), SW - 249 (Aug 2016), RNY - TOH - Referral February 7, 2016, Orientation April 15, 2016, NUT April 29, Dr Exam May 20, NUT Education Class May 25, NUT June 6, NUT July 6, Meet Surgeon July 27, Surgery Dr Mamazza September 21, 2016.                                                         

Monica9811
on 8/25/16 10:50 am - Peterborough, Canada

I did all chocolate and didn't add anything to it.  The first couple of times the smell can bother you so a straw helps.  Also lots of ice makes a difference as well. 

Spices have never bothered me and I enjoy zippy food.  I am sure you will be fine!!

All the best!

crqvingchange
on 8/25/16 7:18 am

If you go to Walmart in the US, they have sugar free cider (Alpine I think) and sugar free hot chocolate (Swiss Miss) individual mix packets.  When the cold weather comes, these can come in handy.  

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

DecimaXXI
on 8/25/16 9:18 am
RNY on 09/21/16

I will definitely be heading to Walmart so I will check these out!  It will be nice to have when the weather starts turning chilly (which is probably next month lol).

Of all things, I wanted to go to Walmart to get a front closing sports bra for the hospital.  I put off buying any new cloths this year since I won't be able to wear them long.  All my bras have back closures and wires so I was looking for something on the more comfy end of things for the hospital and to wear at home afterward.

MonaLisaSmile pointed out the Light and Fit Greek which I will definitely try.  I usually stop to pick up some fruit and snacks for my sister's house when I visit. :)

crqvingchange
on 8/25/16 12:00 pm

The other thing I got at Walmart in the US when I was only a few months post-op were leggings.  I was able to wear my tops even though they got baggy with a pair of leggings.  I bought, black, brown, navy and teal.  All were under $10 each.   It really stretched my wardrobe during the first 6 months.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

DecimaXXI
on 8/25/16 12:12 pm
RNY on 09/21/16

I love the idea of leggings to stretch my wardrobe in the months after surgery!  Thanks for the great idea, I'm going to run with it and pick up a few different colors. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics