What are you eating/doing today (Friday)?

Meggles07
on 8/26/16 5:22 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Shopping in the states was pretty successful yesterday. The only thing I couldn't find (after four grocery stores) were sf gerkins. I hope they still make them!!

Today is the last day my brother is staying with us before he heads back to college. It's going to be way too quiet around here without him. He has been pretty helpful in house chores and looking after the puppy. But he will be back for Thanksgiving :)

Breakfast - protein soft serve

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - ham and veg

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - still thinking on this...

Snack - egg

All water and vits.

Zizzler
on 8/26/16 6:50 am

Good morning Meggles and everyone.  They sell sf gherkins here: https://lowcarbcanada.ca/products/mt-olive-sugar-free-sweet- gherkins-16-fl-oz    I would like to go shopping in the states in the future, I hear they have so much more variety than we get here in Canada.  Plan to do hot yin yoga today, possibly volleyball tonight or go for a drink with friends if I just get lazy.  So happy the weekend is almost here, plan to do a low-carb grocery shop soon, I am out of a lot of stuff.  I plan to take care of myself today as much as possible.  Went out last night and ended up having diet pepsi with lemon, not coke zero but pretty addictive anyways.  It is a work in progress....

2 years post op

b - decaf coffee with homemade protein powder creamer added (in this case, a tsp half and half, 2 tbs plain whey powder, sf toasted marshmallow syrup, water)

s - 4 bacon slices, mini cucumber

l - 5 carb toast (I use betty light) with low fat powdered peanut butter mixed with sf walden pancake syrup

s - cheese cubes, mini cucumber

d - black soybeans with crispy bacon sprinkled on top and a sauce made of reduced sugar ketchup and bbq spices

s - quest protein bar - apple pie flavour

all water and vitamins.  Have an awesome Friday everyone!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Meggles07
on 8/26/16 7:12 am - Canada

I have bought them off there as well, but they are a *****eaper in the states. I try to order over the free shipping limit ($100??) -- it's one of my ocd things. So I usually order when I have a bunch of things that I want :)

I also like trying the new things that pop up on that site. I got a lot of snacks for my trips that were helpful -- I like the moon cheese and roasted Edamame.

Teena D.
on 8/26/16 9:12 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

That's a great site!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Patm
on 8/26/16 6:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you had success with your shopping. Went this morning for another bone density test. Hope this one is accurate. Unfortunately it is up to the skill of the doctor *****ads the scan.

Home tonight

b greek yogurt, blueberries

l meat loaf with chili sauce, yogurt

s pepperette , baby bel

d steak, acorn squash

s yogurt for meds

cal 1007, carb 73, prot 111

crqvingchange
on 8/26/16 7:13 am

Good morning everyone.  Looks nice outside.  I had a hard time getting comfortable last night so I got very little sleep.  There may be a nap in my near future.

Meggles sounds like you scored in the States.  Zizzler is right, they have a lot of that kind of stuff at the Low Carb Grocery and also Low Carb Canada.  I like to buy their SF Jello Cheesecake or White Chocolate Pudding Mixes and mix them with Greek yogurt or a protein shake to make a cheesecake like treat when I think I might be tempted by the real thing.  Fall is almost here, maybe I'll make a pumpkin pie version.  With Skyr yogurt I could get the stats up high enough to make it meal worthy.

Have a great day everyone.  I hope Nia is having fun on her vacation.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 8/26/16 7:27 am

Cc I still use that trick with the cheesecake or white chocolate pudding mix, really great idea!  Have some in my cupboard right now thanks to you. :0)  Hope you get a nice nap in, sucks not to be able to sleep.

Teena D.
on 8/26/16 9:16 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

One of those low carb places is right near my work and I've never gone in - will definitely have to check it out.

So we had some sad news today, our little bunny Freckles, 8 years old - died. We knew he wasn't going to be around much longer, but we will miss him. He was a sweet little guy- very affectionate.

I'm on the last day of AMAW-C (see RNY thread for details) and I'm down 6 lbs as of this morning.

So today, I was so busy at work trying to get everything done that I forgot all about breakfast.  Had some cold cuts an hour ago to hold me over. Lunch is ground chicken and salsa and tonight will be burgers- I won't have the bun.

Have a great day everyone!

Teena D.
on 8/26/16 9:17 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

This is the one a block from my work:

https://lowcarbcanada.ca/

Zizzler
on 8/26/16 3:12 pm

So jealous that you have a store so close, we don't have any in the Ottawa area, only a few things here and there so you either have to run around or order online.  I do the same as others have mentioned and buy over their lowest amount to receive free shipping, make each order pretty large.  Let us know how you find it, if you find anything you like.  I've tried a lot of them but am always looking for new things, its fun.

Most Active
Recent Topics