What are you eating/doing today? (Saturday)

Zizzler
on 8/27/16 5:24 am

Good morning everyone, happy Saturday.  There is a bogo on a gn****il Sunday, everything in the store is bogo 50% off.  Going to go stock up on gnc lean shakes!

Just wanted to say how grateful I am for this surgery.  Last night I played volleyball for 2.5 hours then went out dancing with friends until 2am, something I have not done in over a decade.  What is amazing is that I have the confidence and energy to do all that.  When I was close to 300lbs there was no way I could do that, everything physical was a struggle, lots of pain.  Anyhow, just thought I would share the feeling that this freedom makes all the hard work feel worth it.  I feel reborn as a human being, like I have been given a second chance to be able to live my life as a physically free person.  This afternoon going to do a group painting class, then hot yin yoga, then going to see the movie "sausage party" with some friends.  Bought some quest and simply protein bars in case I get the munchies while out.

2 years post op

b - decaf coffee with sf whey protein "creamer"

s - 5 carb toast with margarine, bacon, cheese whiz, baby cucumber

l - tuna salad on cucumber slices

s - quest protein bar if hungry while painting/yoga

d - rest of tuna salad with baby cucumber

s - simply protein bar if I get hungry at movies

all water and vitamins.  have an excellent day everyone :0)

Meggles07
on 8/27/16 5:57 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Zizzler, I'm tired just reading about all your activities!! ;) You deserve to have all that fun after all of your hard work!!

I forgot to mention the other day, but while I was shopping I saw a Victoria's Secret store. I never would have gone in there before, but I know I'm a regular size now. I've always wanted one of their bras -- just to say I have one I think. When I picked one out the salesgirl said, oh, that's cute. It's this season's. I definitely have never had a bra that was "in season".

Breakfast - protein soft serve (I spilled half of mine on the couch yeaterday :(

Snack - cheese

Lunch - chicken, veg

Snack - turkey pepperette

Dinner - burger, no bun

Snack - Greek yogurt

All water and vits.

Zizzler
on 8/27/16 10:25 am

Hey Meggles, I LOVE Victoria's Secret's bras, omg, and you are right it feels cool to be able to shop for the newest stuff.  At my heaviest I was a 46DDDD, now I am a 32DDD.  Can get expensive though lol.  Gotta make some of that soft serve, hot weather makes me crave ice cream!

crqvingchange
on 8/27/16 6:24 am

Good morning everyone.  Zizzler you put it so well.  Surgery has freed us from pain, inactivity, lack of confidence.  I know it's a tool, but it's a tool that needs to be treated respectfully and cared for.  I never want to go back to the person I was before surgery.  That thought alone helps me to make better choices.

Meg congrats on the VS bra.  They are so pretty, but for me I worry about enough coverage on the sides.

Today will be busy.  Visiting a group of friends this afternoon, inlaws later in the afternoon, then out with friends tonight.  I was at the Farmer's Market early this morning and the produce and the flowers were so colourful.  I love summer.

Have a great day everyone.  

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 8/28/16 5:13 am

Cc many of their styles do not work for me but just let them know about your concerns and they will fit you and find the best bras to suit you, they have a lot of selection.  There is one that is like a contour bra with full coverage, it is great.  Plus they have a lot of sports bras, which I have not tried but might provide more coverage.  Its worth a look imo.

Patm
on 8/27/16 6:32 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning. Glad you are feeling so energetic Zizzler. Off for a walk with the dog soon. My BIL is coming for dinner tonight for his birthday. Do not think my kids will make it.

b 1 egg , 2 sl bacon

s yogurt

l meatloaf, salad

d ribs, salad

s wine

I will have to change this as the day progresses

gillian46
on 8/27/16 8:11 am - Townsend, ON
VSG on 06/03/16

Hi everyone:  First time here.  Reading food intake on this post, I feel as though I'm eating way too much even though I stay between 1000 and 1200 calories on My Fitness Pal.  My surgery was on Jun 3 and I've lost about 35 lbs.  Exercise is my big stumbline block, find it boring and painful as I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and am 70 years old.

bkfst 2 WW toast, 1 no sug jam, 1T lite peanut butter, 1t non-hydrogenated margarine, 1 cup decaf tea with 1/4 cup skim

s1 beans in tomato sauce 1/2 c

lunch egg salad 1/2 cup

s2 1/2 cantaloupe

dinner scottish haddock 1/2 baked potato, 1/4 cup each yams and spinach, 1t margarine

s3 jello choc pudding no sugar, 1T lite peanut butter

Have a great and healthy day everyone!  Susan

crqvingchange
on 8/27/16 9:15 am

Hi Susan, I went through Guelph.  The nutritionist there said to eat between 600-800 calories per day during the weight loss phase.  You can start to increase once you are in maintenance.  As for exercise, see if there is a community pool near you that does Aquafit classes.  These would be suitable for your age and conditions.  The pool I go to offers fibro classes, and some of the ladies are in their 80's.

Hope this helps.

C.C.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 8/30/16 8:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Looks to me like you're menu is a little carb laden.  I would try cutting out the toast, beans, potato and fruit!  Your weight might come off a little quicker.  I agree that your calories are a little high for only being 2 mos out.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

gillian46
on 8/30/16 12:13 pm - Townsend, ON
VSG on 06/03/16

Thanks Ginny:  Think I'll take your suggestion.  Appreciate it.

Most Active
Recent Topics