TMI diarrhea 5 days post op

T. drouillard
on 8/31/16 5:06 am - windsor, Canada

At can I do I woke up through the  ight with diarrhea and this morning I have bad stomach cramp and diarrhea, it's not a sore pain from surgery but feels more like a stomach bug type of thing , can I take imodium? I was feeling so good yesterday and today I feel like I'm going to be stuck in bed ... 

Leslie W.
on 8/31/16 5:41 am - Cobourg, Canada

I would stay away from immodium. You are only 5 days out. Been on fluids for weeks. Just up your fluids so you don't get dehydrated. If it continues or get worse call your centre. Are you still on antibiotics? If so take probiotics. When in doubt call your centre. Hope you feel better soon

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
GentleDomenic
on 8/31/16 6:19 am - Canada

Vital to keep hydrated already after surgery, and especially with the runs now you need to keep up tha****er 

Call your centre to see what you can take , don't guess 

sneezy6145
on 9/1/16 9:11 am

My nurse told me that diarrhea after surgery was normal. I had it too. Keep hydrated and rest. I'm sure it will pass. Be careful what you eat, too. The broccoli cream soup would give me bad gas pains.

Most Active
Recent Topics