What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

crqvingchange
on 9/18/16 6:50 am

Good morning everyone.  Doesn't look too nice out there today.  My DH got my bike ready yesterday and I'm hoping that with the right shoes I will be able to go for a bike ride without hurting my foot.  This old body hates not moving, everything seizes up.  

Dealing with a very angry pouch this morning, I will have to figure out what it can handle that has some protein.  

Hope everyone has a great day.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

leeann73
on 9/18/16 7:15 am

I havent had my surgery yet so maybe no one cares what I eat yet. Lol. I can tell you though that as of today I am done with alcohol and diet pop as a first step of elimination. I will miss pop for sure. Next step will be coffee. 

Meggles07
on 9/18/16 7:23 am - Canada

Giving up pop is definitely a challenge. My best advice is once you give it up, don't start drinking it again. It pushed back my surgery because the dietitian didn't want me drinking even one. I tried a sip of my brothers soda water after surgery (at least a year after) and it burned so badly going down.

crqvingchange
on 9/18/16 7:26 am

Hi Leeann and welcome.  Of course we care.  People have posted their preop diet on here before.  It's a great way to start getting used to tracking your food and drink.  When you have your Nutritionist appointments, you can show them your My Fitness Pal food journal which is the app that  most of us use.  Getting rid of alcohol and diet pop are a great first step.  Most centres allow you to have decaf coffee (something that I could never do without), so maybe start switching to decaf.  After a while some do go back to caffeinated, but that will be your choice.  

This thread is for support, accountability, and just plain fun.  We also talk about activities for the day, so you can post about how you got your body moving.  Basically you post about what you need to post to be accountable and we will support you.  

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

IamBettyCooper
on 9/18/16 10:01 am

I found using presidents choice water enhancers and switching from pop to vitamin Water zero really helped me get ready for the surgery. Good luck!

TWH ... Referral April 2015 ... Orientation July 2015 ... Psych Sept 2015 ... Social Worker Oct 2015 ... Nurse Practitioner Dec 2015 ... Nutrition Class Jan 2016 ... Nutritionist Feb 2016 ... Surgeon Appt April 2016 ... VGS Surgery July 2016

HW 294.2 SW 271 CW 183.1

Meggles07
on 9/18/16 7:21 am - Canada

Good morning :)

We are off to Toronto again this weekend to see the world cup hockey game between Russia and Sweden. My BF won a set of tickets at work, otherwise we never would have been able to go. Not sure what the food is like at the ACC so I will take snacks.

Breakfast - protein soft serve

Snack - egg, peameal

Lunch - unknown restaurant

Snack - pepperette, cheese

Dinner - beef and veg

Snack - pudding

All water and vits 

crqvingchange
on 9/18/16 8:21 am

Hi Meg, someone on here mentioned that you were not allowed to bring snacks or water into the ACC.  Maybe hide your snacks at the bottom of your purse.

Meggles07
on 9/18/16 8:40 am - Canada

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I just checked their site and you are correct!! :)

I will leave my cooler in the car so at least I have something ready for after the game. 

new_me180
on 9/18/16 7:27 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning CC. Hopefully you can go for your bike ride today.

I've had a very angry pouch too since Friday. I think i have another ulcer and it hurts quite a bit. Been trying to get all my liquids which have been fine but eating is a hit and miss. Took some Panto, so hopefully everything will calm down soon.

Nothing exciting planned today. Household chores, grocery shopping and Zumba. My sister's birthday is tomorrow but she'll celebrate it today as we will be in school till late and won't get home until 8 something. There won't be any cake because she doesn't like sweets, so thats a bonus for me.

2yrs 10m

B - Coffee 5%, 3oz pork chop, cucumber salad

L - 9 pork rinds, boiled egg

S - 1 Cup Cashew unsweetened 

D - Shrimp, 1/2 spring roll, 1/2 stuffed clams 

S - dixie diner low carb molten cake ( i bouGHt this at the low carb store a while back, thought i'd make it today)

Calories without the stuffed clam: 645, 19 carbs, 29 fat, 57 protein

Have a great day all, Nia

crqvingchange
on 9/18/16 8:26 am

Nia I hope it's not another ulcer and that the Panto works.  Yesterday I think I pushed it a little too far with my eating.  I've been on soft foods for a bit and yesterday I tried something a little more substantial and it gave me grief.    Must learn to make small changes and give my pouch a chance to adjust.

Enjoy your sister's birthday party.  Your dinner looks yummy.

Most Active
Recent Topics