What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 9/22/16 5:52 am

Good morning everyone.  

Today I hope to get a good bike ride in, going to have coffee with a friend, and trying to get more chores done around the house.   I've been procrastinating for a while and I really need to make a start getting things done.  Low energy hasn't helped, but I'm not going to use that as an excuse.  Time to get 'er done, lol.

Picked up some SKYR yogurt yesterday (they had been out of stock at my regular store so I went to a different store).  Love the stats on this yogurt, and it tastes less tangy than some of the others.

Have a great day everyone. 

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

new_me180
on 9/22/16 6:24 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning CC. I finally dragged myself out of bed. I'm still tired, though i cannot sleep but what is the point in laying there doing nothing. I have a Dr's appt. today for my knee. Seriously this knee is going to be the death of me. Then a few errands and I'm done for the day.

Yesterday i bout an ice cream maker from factory direct for $20. I'm going to try some protein ice cream.

2yrs 10m

B - Coffee 5%, 3oz pork

S - 1 pepperrette, 2 shrimp

L - 3oz chicken leg

S - silk cashew, 1tbsp almond butter

D - zoodles, ground pork

S - 1/2 quest pb & j bar

Calories: 903, carbs 13, fat 60, protein 78.

Have a great day all, Nia.

crqvingchange
on 9/22/16 8:48 am, edited 9/22/16 1:48 am

Nia knee pain is  so frustrating.  I was offered knee replacement surgery on my one knee, but I turned it down (for now) because I thought that after surgery my activities would be limited and if I could put up with the pain I would just continue  the way I was.  Losing weight has definitely helped with the pain, but there are days that it feels like I am taking a step with a broken leg.  Next week I am going to a seminar that is sponsored by the Arthritis Society and the topic is pain management.  There will be some local doctors that specialize in arthritis and I would like to hear what advice they have to say.  PM me if you want to know the details.

I bought an icecream maker a year ago.  I liked it, but have no room in my freezer to put the cylinder in, lol.  Eggface has some recipes, and I also saw somewhere that people have added sugar free pudding mix to give it some creaminess.  Good luck and let me know how it works.  

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

new_me180
on 9/22/16 10:01 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I agree with you on the pain and not wanting to stop moving. I noticed last yr when i had my surgery and not being as active, i was sad and depressed and just ate whatever whenever. After starting to get more movement, my mood increased tremendously. I continue to move as much a possible because for one, when i don't it stiffens up and two i get so depressed and angry when i don't move. I will see what the doc say's and i think better pain control is what i need too.

I'll definitely let you know on the ice-cream maker. Egg face is where i got the idea from.

Patm
on 9/22/16 6:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning CC and all. Enjoy your bike ride.

Work then home to clean and tidy up. Having company Saturday night. Might bake a cake for then if DH remembers to pick up eggs.

b greek yogurt, 1/2 peach

l chili, baby bel

s apple

d chicken, salad, broccoli

s yogurt for meds

cal 892, carb 91, prot 86

Meggles07
on 9/22/16 6:49 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Very tired today. Puppy decided to wake up at 2am ready to play. Couldn't get her back to sleep so I ended up taking he downstairs and sleeping on the couch. Dragged myself out for a walk with my aunt, so I have good steps so far. Other than that I will be doing errands and having a nap today :)

Breakfast - protein soft serve

Snack - egg, yogurt

Lunch - chicken and salad

Snack - carrots and pb

Dinner - leftovers

Snack - popcorn 

All water and vits.

Most Active
Recent Topics