SW follow up and Nut consult

Jo0710
on 10/10/16 7:17 pm

I go Wednesday to do my social worker follow up and my dietican consult. I'm nervous. I lost about 7lbs between my nurse consult and my social worker consult.  I haven't had any other progress and I'm due to start that time of the month tomorrow so I'll be up 5-7lbs like normal at this time. Will they not pass me? I've kept following the guidelines but the scale hasn't budged.  I'm stressed at work and that also doesn't help my weight-loss.  

How hard do they Quiz you at Windsor during the dietican consult?At the nut class they made it seem like they test you! 

I do know my stuff but slightly freaking out. :) 

Ginnny
on 10/11/16 4:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

They want to know that you understand how much you will be able to eat post surgery.  Like how big is your new pouch, how much will it hold.  If you just re-read the literature you were given you should be fine.  They want to be sure you understand about a balanced diet, and the food groups.  Are you going with a 7 day journal of your food?  If so they will go over that and tell you where you did well or could have done better.

Don't stress, they're so nice and easy to talk to.  Losing weight isn't a pre-requisite.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Jo0710
on 10/11/16 8:03 am

Yes. I have done all my homework from both. The 7 day journal and the sw follow up journals.

I feel like I'm prepared for the questions about balancediet and life after surgery so hoping things go well tomorrow! 

Manda32
on 10/11/16 10:12 pm

Good luck tomorrow or today, since its after midnight!

I'm feeling the same way! I have my appointment this upcoming Monday for the SW and Dietitian. I have the same concerns as you. I even phoned and talked with a dietitian after the nutrition class about some stuff. I think as long as you have a clear understanding of the surgery and understanding the post op diet, was mentioned. For instance knowing what's the difference between a clear and full fluid. What foods are in the puree portion, etc So knowing your diet afterwards is important.

But like what was suggested reading over your material should be good enough.

Your lucky you lost weight....I gained from NP to the rest of my appointments. I'm down a couple pounds overall, wi**** was more, but I'm working on it.  I'm hoping to be at least down what I gained from the NP, if not a couple more. I'm crossing my fingers next Monday lol

I'd love to hear how you did, and hear of any suggestions or tips for me if you don't mind. You can PM if you'd like.

Best of luck.

Jo0710
on 10/12/16 10:18 am

Hey! I was approved by both today! I'm so excited and happy. They weren't thrilled by my gain but it put me back to where I started. They want to see a loss of some by the 24th and then again by when I meet the surgeon.  

Just know what stages, food you can and can't eat. How much you are able to eat and how to pair up meals and snacks out of the food groups. 

I was scared for no real reason.  You will do fine! 

Manda32
on 10/12/16 8:37 pm

That's great news! Congradulations. Gives me hope :)

They want to see a loss by the 24th...of this month? Do you go back and see the Doctor that day by chance?

If I get approved, I'm hoping I can get my doctor visit moved up from December to sooner!!!

Did they give you a date for a surgical class date yet or are you still awaiting the doctor's approval?

Again that's great news. I hope to be joining you in the approval process!!

Jo0710
on 10/14/16 5:04 pm

Yes they want to see a bit of a loss so like 1-2 lbs.  

I have my surgical ed class the 24th. My first approval was the doctor. I luckily only saw the social worker twice and the doctor and dietican only once.  

Hopefully I get my surgeon meeting soon too. 

Manda32
on 10/14/16 9:49 pm

That's not bad 1-2lbs then. Which Hospital did you decide on? Did they give you any hint which might be quicker (at this point I'm sure it changes at times)?

I thought everyone saw the doctor twice, but guess not. If I'm lucky enough to get approved on Monday, I'll still have time to decide on hospitals (leaning towards Guelph) since I have another doctor visit.

I hope you get your appointment soon. Best of luck!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics