Ottawa Hospital.. first time posting

blueherring
on 10/18/16 9:42 am
RNY on 12/23/16

Hi. I joined this forum a few months ago but first time posting. I was referred in March 2016, orientation on May 30, 2016, first nutrition class and just met with dietician and behaviorist (everyone at the Civic has been awesome). I have second pre surgey class this week and I meet with Dr Yelle next week.

I guess I'm feeling that this is moving very quickly? I expected that the surgery would be about a year from referral, so have planned for this at work etc.  So far, I haven't needed any additional tests beyond the initial blood work. What happens after the surgeon appt?

I love all the advice and personal stories on this site. You are all so inspiring!!

Insert Fitness
on 10/18/16 9:51 am

I think you are progressing a bit quicker than me, but pretty close. From referral to surgery was 8 months for me. When I met the surgeon, surgery was about 5 weeks later. Did they give you that timeline handout? Mine was spot on. 

blueherring
on 10/18/16 2:37 pm
RNY on 12/23/16

Thanks for replying :)

I did get that timeline and it does seem to be the accurate time. Its just that I get a different time estimate on every visit.

If I get a date that soon, my timeline would be very close to yours.

Alexsks
on 10/19/16 4:43 am
RNY on 10/17/16

Met Dr. Yelle and there was a cancellation 4 weeks after, the call me the next day and offered the appointment and I took it. Got my operation last Monday and I feel awesome:)

i had lots of test done over the last year. Gastroscopie, sleep clinic, blood test etc... a bit more than a year for me 

alex

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/16 11:19 pm

Dr. Yelle was my surgeon and he and his team did an amazing job. I had my surgery on October 7th. 

Most Active
Recent Topics