15 months post op and havent lost for months

TaraB3660
on 10/20/16 12:41 pm

Hey everyone, hope you are all well.  I am 15 months post op and haven't lost for months. Should I be worried? I started measuring my food again and it seems to be fine. I have never been a good water drinking. I have lost 82 lbs which pleases me. Started at 294 and down to 212. Which makes me very happy but want to be below 200lbs. Help! Am I a lost cause? Will I lose anymore?

Ginnny
on 10/20/16 1:12 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

What concerns me is you said "I started measuring my food again and it seems to be fine"  You probably shouldn't have stopped! What's seems to be fine?  What's your menu like?  How many calories? How many carbs?  How much protein? Also learn to like water, its your best friend for weight loss!  Use the low/zero calorie flavourings.   The quick weight loss is likely over but yes its possible to still lose!  Weigh, measure and log everything.  If you haven't lost in months my guess is that your eating too many calories and have put yourself in maintenance mode.

As you lose, you need fewer calories to maintain, and even fewer if you want to continue to lose!

Join us on the menu thread daily!  Be accountable and get that scale moving!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

birdiegirl
on 10/20/16 4:56 pm

I can pretty much guarantee you are eating too much.

If you tell me you're hungry all the time then I will also guarantee you aren't making dense protein your main event.  ( yogurt isn't dense protein)  Chicken, beef, pork are great choices for protein, calories and saiety. 

Read all the "what are you eating" posts on this forum and the rny forum.  Check out people's meals, calories and choices.

Unfortunately for you, you have squandered the easy loss period of the first 6 to 12 months.  However you should still be malabsorbing and able to lose to goal.  It will take determination and dedication. 

Only YOU can decide if you want this.  I hope you do.

Good luck

Leslie W.
on 10/20/16 4:59 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Start aa food log and call your centre for appointment with dietician. They can be a great help. I lost the majority weight in first 6 months.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active
Recent Topics