2 days out of surgery...

fireburnsbrightest
on 10/21/16 5:12 am
RNY on 10/19/16

...and the pain is still awful. Mind you the medication helps a ton. Just wondering, did anyone else have trouble eating? I find it's hard for me to want to swallow/eat and I know I have to. I was a big gym go-er and anal about getting my protein pre-op, so I'm definitely anxious with wanting to get it all in now!

LeslieT3440
on 10/21/16 5:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

I am 2 weeks post op and had a lot of issues with nausea and wasn't able to drink so had to stay 3 nights in hospital to get the nausea under control. Once the nausea was controlled i was able to start drinking and went home. I didn't really have much pain so I didn't use any pain meds. The gas was bad and the best way to get rid of the gas was to keep moving which does help a lot. I stayed on liquids and sipped a lot of water and sipped protein drinks, by day 5 the gas finally started moving and was able to eat cream soups with unflavored protein powder, drink more water and protein shakes. I also was able to introduce Greek yogurt and cottage cheese by the 7th day. This week Wednesday (week 2) I started the pureed diet and it is going really well, I am able to so far tolerate egg whites scrambled, chili and eggface ricotta bake. It honestly gets better by the day. Hang in there and just keep moving and focus on getting the water in and slowly introduce foods that are on your liquid diet instructions. 

Congrat on joining us on the losers bench and best of luck.     

RNY - TWH - Orientation April 2015,  SW July 2015, NP Sept 2015, NUT class November 2015, NUT & Psych January 2016, 2nd NUT April 2016, Meet the Surgeon July 2016, Surgery October 4th 2016

fireburnsbrightest
on 10/21/16 8:38 am
RNY on 10/19/16

Thanks! I've been trying all of the above. Not looking forward to the flight home Sunday and being the lil tooter on board...lol

fiercebynature
on 10/21/16 5:54 am

Two days out I had gas pain and incision pain ( incision pain lasted about three weeks or so)  give it time . 2 days out I was sipping water or juice every 15 minutes I believe . No real eating . Jello made me want to up chuck and even tea and coffee decalf. Obviously was not what I wanted . Just really really watered down juice and water.  Sip sip walk walk and hopefully toot toot. Don't worry about eating. Relax . It will come . Did not start any protein drinks until day three and could only get one in through the day . I'm now starting week 7 and get all protein ,water etc in without issue.

Can't exercise for 3 months so breath it will come .

You got this !  

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

fireburnsbrightest
on 10/21/16 8:35 am, edited 10/21/16 1:38 am
RNY on 10/19/16

Oh god, JELLO is the worst. I've had to opt for mixing my meds in pudding or yogurt instead - and yes! The incesion pain is the worst. Honestly it's all that's bothering me at this point, along with the gas and wanting to poop..haha.

GentleDomenic
on 10/21/16 6:15 am - Canada

Patience , name of game right now is water , protein and rest. It gets better 

fireburnsbrightest
on 10/21/16 8:36 am
RNY on 10/19/16

I know, I know! The resting is the hard part for me. I've never slept so much in my life..sip,sip, walk, walk..nap lol

fiercebynature
on 10/21/16 12:15 pm

I bought a pill cutter and crusher . That has helped a lot in taking medication . 

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

fireburnsbrightest
on 10/21/16 1:00 pm
RNY on 10/19/16

I have one as well. Works wonders

Most Active
Recent Topics