just wondering...

Kerigan
on 10/21/16 2:58 pm

Is there anyone that is currently in Humber River Hospital? If anyone is and you'd like to visit/have a visitor, please let me know... it's super lonely in here and I've been here for just over a month, since September 18... 

marielewis
on 10/21/16 4:25 pm

OH no.  Did you have major complications from your WLS?   I hope you get better soon 

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/16 5:24 pm

Are you ok?  Have you had some complications from your WLS?

My WLS isn't til November and not at Humber.  We are here if you want to share what you have been going through,

hope you feel better soon!!

Kerigan
on 10/22/16 10:43 am
Kerigan
on 10/22/16 10:46 am

I have had enough complications from having the RNY surgery done, and that is why I am in the hospital again now.. I've had a horrible experience going through this, and to be quite honest, if I could go back in time I would never have gone through with getting this done. 

Currently I have a bleeding ulcer and a stricture. The ulcers that I get don't respond to the medications (prevacid and sulcrafate), so they seem to never heal and keep coming back. I've been dealing with the ulcers basically since I had the surgery in December 2011, so now Dr. Klein wants to do another surgery to change from RNY to the sleeve. It should hopefully be a lot easier for me to deal with and he doesn't think I will get ulcers from the sleeve. 

So that leads in to the real problem why I have been here for so long... I've not been able to eat properly since the surgery, and every day there is some sort of food or drink that makes me vomit. So over the last few months, it has gotten worse and I became extremely malnourished, dehydrated and extremely underweight. My family brought me to the hospital on September 18 weighing 70 pounds (I used to be 280 pounds), unable to walk and in a wheelchair and within days of death. I'm now on a PICC line (a more permanent type of IV) and receiving the daily nutritional requirements through what they call TPN or Total Parenteral Nutrition. I've been on that since September 27 and will remain on it until my body regains its strength. 

I am getting there very slowly, this past week has been the first time that I feel I can walk without assistance and without feeling like I'm going to pass out (or actually passing out, I did that at home quite a few times in the last few months). I'm going to be in here for a while, I'm guessing another 2 months at least. I can't have the surgery yet because I am still too weak and my nutrition levels aren't yet where they should be. So until I am cleared for surgery, all I can do is just sit here and wait. It's very boring and so very lonely in here, so I just thought it would be nice if there was someone else in Humber recovering from surgery, that we could meet up for a chat. Anyway, that is part of my story, I could carry on for ages about the issues I have from the surgery and about the current state of my marriage. It is a lot to deal with and I feel so alone...

thisgirl
on 10/22/16 7:24 pm

I'm in Ottawa but we could chat online if you'd like someone to keep you company throughout the day. I am on often enough but it may not be real time.  ?

I'm sorry you've been through so much.  ?

(surgery - Nov 4)

Kerigan
on 10/23/16 5:45 pm

Hey there, 

Chatting online would be nice :) I don't have much to do during the day bu****ch tv and mess about online lol

Most Active
Recent Topics