**UPDATE GAS PAIN IS SO PAINFUL**

EvaWantsChange
on 10/29/16 4:42 am, edited 11/2/16 4:44 am - mississauga, Canada

Bless morning lovely people. Well I'm home now. And they sent me home that same day as my gas pain got a little better. 

Let us talk about GAS PAIN... Guys I'm gonna say this to u if u are going for surgery and have it come out n your capable to walk....  WALK UR ASS OFF. 

I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN FROM GAS ALONE n HICCUPS.

I BEEN crying profusely.

If u have a recliner chair UR life is golden. It's day 5 pain is a 7.

I'm just trying to stay positive. Thanks to all of u who stay positive and follow my story and give me advice and show me so much love. God bless u all. I know as the days go it will get better.

LeslieT3440
on 10/29/16 6:04 am - Mississauga, Canada

So happy to hear your home. The gas pains will improve each day. I found by day 5 they subsided, the key is to keep moving as much as possible. Hang in there your almost past the worst part, you got this. Remember to keep sipping away.

I am 3.5 weeks out and went back to work this Monday, it went well except yesterday was a tough day so I worked only half day and plan on resting up this weekend. I find I still tire quickly but that too will soon pass. I have lost 18 lbs since my surgery which is great. In total I have lost 60 lbs, 25 b4 opti 17 with opti and 18 since surgery omg its such a wonderful feeling. I am having a grand ole time shopping in my closet lol I refused to get rid of my smaller clothes I haven't been able to wear for like 4-5 years lol I even have several winter coats that are now fitting so I won't have to buy anything for a while. lol My hubby used to laugh at me and tell me to get rid of hem to De-clutter but i held strong and now he's glad i did it's saving a bunch of $$$.

Hope your feeling better soon. Take care and pamper yourself.       

RNY - TWH - Orientation April 2015,  SW July 2015, NP Sept 2015, NUT class November 2015, NUT & Psych January 2016, 2nd NUT April 2016, Meet the Surgeon July 2016, Surgery October 4th 2016

Lucile777
on 4/26/17 8:50 pm

How long did they keep you in the hospital?

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/16 7:32 am

Have you tried Gasx strips?  Haven't had surgery, but have read that it helps a lot!!   Feel better!! 

Toronto Girl
on 10/29/16 4:08 pm

I second the GasX. It doesn't solve but it helps a bit. And in that moment, that's important. 

EvaWantsChange
on 11/2/16 4:42 am - mississauga, Canada

In the hospital they won't let u use it. I use at home it doesn't do **** for me ... walking does tho ?

skinny_gigi
on 10/30/16 4:02 pm

How are you doing?  it's been a few days since the post...feeling better?  sometime a bit of yogurt can help get the gas going...not sure you're allowed that yet but when you can you should try it...

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Maiden48
on 10/30/16 4:25 pm

Hi there

I too had surgery at TWH on Tues- in fact, I am wondering if we were room mates? 

I also had +++ gas in the same area that you describe- I also wondered if it was a complication as it seemed to get worse when I ate or drank. I can assure you that it goes away. By Friday, it was a distant memory for me. Walking really helps. I walked ++++ at hospital and at am continuing to do so at home.

Once you start having bowel movements it seems to improve.

Hang in there- everything will be better soon.

Cheryl

EvaWantsChange
on 11/2/16 4:40 am - mississauga, Canada

Hi ... maybe. My name is Tonya. Do you remember a crying black women named Tonya. Lol 

EvaWantsChange
on 11/2/16 4:48 am - mississauga, Canada

Nevermind  ..... u were my roommate ? Cheryl  yes. Glad your doing well. I'm doing so much better today. I'm now 259 at the hospital day of surgery I was 270 ... I can see the change everywhere it's crazy. God is good. N I had no blood clot just 1 leg is normally bigger than my other  .  My family is crazy :)

Most Active
Recent Topics