Making a border dash and need help

Deb007
on 12/2/16 5:09 am

Hi all   I am heading across the border for a little shopping.  I want to get some different Premier Protein.  Where is the best place to usually go? (I am going to Niagara Falls NY).  I also want to get some Yogurt.  Can anyone suggest something else?  I am drawing a blank

Meggles07
on 12/2/16 5:55 am - Canada

Hey, i just went yesterday so I can list what I got... But I'm almost two years out so what I eat now is very different from what I ate right after surgery.

SF gerkins pickles

Swiss miss light hot chocolate

Alpine SF hot apple cider

Mio - orange vanilla and usually orchard apple but I couldn't find any

Light and fit greek yogurt -- so many good flavours

Light cheese strings in different flavours

Popcorn - which may be sold here I just haven't noticed it

Blue diamond almonds - lots of flavours

SF puddings - both powdered and premade

If I think of anything else I will come back and add it :)

Also, they have a ton of sugar free things that are super high in sugar alcohols... I avoid those completely because I get a horrible stomach ache and other not ideal side effects from them.

Meg~

Deb007
on 12/2/16 6:06 am

Yeah i get you about the sugar alcohols.  I hadn't thought of the cheese strings though.  Variety is great.  It is my first trip away sunce surgery (6 weeks Tues.. wow). So I am a little nervous about my food as we are staying with my in-laws.   Thanks for your help

Meggles07
on 12/2/16 6:14 am - Canada

The Walmart and tops in NF have quite a good selection... I dropped more than a couple dollars lol. If you are staying there for a while there are also lots of meat and frozen things I would like to try... I just don't want to cross the border with them :)

sweetart
on 12/2/16 6:05 am - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

Being I live so close to Detroit, I'm over for groceries every week... 

Best place for Premier Protein is Costco and Sam's... Sam's has the banana and strawberry and Costco only carries the chocolate and vanilla, but they are all different. If you want Caramel, usually I have to go to Walmart.

Other things to buy: Fairlife Fat Free Milk. I know some places in Ontario sell it, but I can only get it stateside. 

Yogurt, cottage cheese, Sargento Reduced Fat Cheddar sticks - so tasty. Green Giant Cauliflower Tots (And the cauliflower mashed potatoes), Sugar free Popsicles, Mr. Cheese O's (At Target)

Love the flavored almonds. I also get the Kernels popcorn seasoning in Garlic Parmesan... so good on vegetables (tastes like crazy bread!)

I'll keep thinking :)

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

Deb007
on 12/2/16 6:09 am

Thanks.  I am in Toronto.  Not sure the Caulifliwer tots will make it... yeah just thought though... I could leave them at the in-laws for Christmas and have some Sat night.  Brillant. Thx

sweetart
on 12/2/16 6:22 am - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

I was over for 6 hours last Sunday and even my popsicles didn't melt ;) Its chilly enough out that they will probably make it... or pack a cooler?

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

Travelher
on 12/4/16 5:25 pm
Revision on 10/04/16

They will probably be fine in the trunk...btw there is a low carb store on birch mount just before eglinton.  Got my sf pickles and low sugar ketchup there

crqvingchange
on 12/2/16 7:04 am

The Fashion Outlet Mall on Military Road has a Sketchers store, and a Dress Barn where i have found some good buys.  Walmart ( also on Military Rd, and so is Tops Markets) had fleece lined leggings for $6, and some reasonably priced Spanx style compression wear.  

You can also go online and have your vitamins, calcium, protein powders delivered to your inlaws house and then bring it back when you cross the border.  Celebrate 20 has a decaf iced coffee protein powder, bariatric vitamins and calcium.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Deb007
on 12/2/16 7:17 am

Thank you so much for this..I didn't know the fashion outlet has a sketchers store.  I haven't been there in years.  I need pants too and at that price I won't feel bad buying something for a short while

Most Active
Recent Topics