Length of hospital stay

Jo0710
on 1/8/17 6:18 pm

I'm having surgery a week tomorrow and I'm trying to plan if my husband needs to come back on Tuesday for me to go home since the release time is 11am and we are 2 hours away or just on Wednesday.  We have 2 small kids and I like to plan ahead to find rides to/from school and hockey.  

Other than how you are doing or feeling is there a set length? I'm having surgery at St.Mikes. 

Leslie W.
on 1/8/17 6:25 pm - Cobourg, Canada

They should tell you at your pre-op. Usally 2 night stay- day of surgery then next night. Seeing you are far from hospital may keep extra day. Really hard to say as all depends on how you do during surgery and post op

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Jo0710
on 1/8/17 8:14 pm

Thanks. I do my pre op tomorrow.  :) 

chula82
on 1/9/17 5:22 am
RNY on 12/21/16

My Surgery was at Humber.  Surgery was on a Wednesday morning and was sent home Thursday 3pm.  This I had planned for but what I didn't know and wish I did was that I was supposed to go back to the hospital the following day (Friday) to see the surgeon for a quick check up.  I too have small children and the hospital is about 1 hours away.  Had I known I had to go back the next day I would have stayed with family that live close to the hospital.  My hubby had to take the next day off so he could drive me :(.  Hospitals are all different so make sure you ask about follow-ups.  Good luck!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics