Stressed? YES!! Using food or wanting to eat to cope? Not this time!

Cinderz
on 1/17/17 3:09 pm

This may come as deep but I'm putting it out there anyways....

Tomorrow I begin day 1 of my testimony in 5 day trial. I'm stressed beyond stressed. 

A year and a half ago during the pre trial, I had 2 very bad coping mechanisms that got me through that stress....my two best friends in the world, Cigarettes and Food! 

I finally cut ties with these 2 toxic friends and though I wasn't worried about me turning back to either of them during this stressful time I did worry I would experience urges or head hunger. I have done remarkably well. I weigh, measure and log EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. I surprise myself everyday at how I've embraced this new life style. My food is already packed for tomorrow, weighed and measured. I've packed lots of water because I always get cotton mouth when I'm nervous! I guess the point I was try get to make, we all have a choice to let food, which I won't deny can be very comforting, control us or we can show it who's boss, no matter what stresses life throws at you!

Kathy1212
on 1/17/17 4:11 pm

Good for you, Cindi! 

Good luck at the trial.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 1/17/17 6:29 pm

Well done Cinderz.  When you are feeling stressed, breath deeply down into your abdomen.  Keep your shoulders back and neck straight.  That posture reduces cortisol by 20% according to my yoga instructor.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Cinderz
on 1/17/17 6:32 pm

Thanks for the tip crqvingchange!!

roxytrim
on 1/18/17 3:40 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Nice to switch some focus from that stress to your health. Sounds like you've got this & tell the truth.

Cinderz
on 1/18/17 4:52 am

Thank you!

I don't know how to not be honest

Bonnie ABC
on 1/18/17 8:28 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with

Stress is what happens in life.   By not choosing to react, we drop our stress levels.    Of course, by not abusing food, you will find something else to abuse if you don't work on the why of the reaction.  

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
odie
on 1/18/17 9:03 am
RNY on 05/26/14
On January 17, 2017 at 11:09 PM Pacific Time, Cinderz wrote:

This may come as deep but I'm putting it out there anyways....

Tomorrow I begin day 1 of my testimony in 5 day trial. I'm stressed beyond stressed. 

A year and a half ago during the pre trial, I had 2 very bad coping mechanisms that got me through that stress....my two best friends in the world, Cigarettes and Food! 

I finally cut ties with these 2 toxic friends and though I wasn't worried about me turning back to either of them during this stressful time I did worry I would experience urges or head hunger. I have done remarkably well. I weigh, measure and log EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. I surprise myself everyday at how I've embraced this new life style. My food is already packed for tomorrow, weighed and measured. I've packed lots of water because I always get cotton mouth when I'm nervous! I guess the point I was try get to make, we all have a choice to let food, which I won't deny can be very comforting, control us or we can show it who's boss, no matter what stresses life throws at you!

You've inspired me!!  I've taken some meat out to precook and saying no to the carbs!!

To Thine Own Self Be True!!

Most Active
Recent Topics