self sabotoge

leeann73
on 1/22/17 8:03 pm

My surgery class is tomorrow.  It has been at the back of my head all week.  I also think I am PMSing.  Every day this week I have thought about the scale, but the more I have been thinking about it, the more I have been eating.  I am so close, and now I know the scale is going to be up.  I dont' know why I am doing this to myself except it is so much  closer a reality now ... anyway, wish me luck - I hope they still send my file over to Guelph from Windsor, even if I gained weight since my last appointment ... boo ....

dibby149
on 1/22/17 9:41 pm - Canada

Don't worry everything will be ok. It is normal to be nervous and leaning towards what comforts us......sigh.  I am pretty sure the scale will be up for me too next Monday....it is my pre-op appointment, I am excited and a nervous wreck. Lets keep our heads up and move forward, it will be so wonderful to lose all this weight, I am so tired of dragging it around.  You will be ok, just keep telling yourself that, I think we are going to have to try and find comfort within ourselves instead of food......not easy, definitely not easy but the rewards will be amazing !!

Take care,

Debra

MonaLisaSmile
on 1/23/17 6:22 am - Canada

Normal feelings...no need to worry.  Most of us will probably say that the more things become real, we start to panic a little.   Many of us overeat at that Pre op stage... like we need to eat all the things we think we won't be able to later.  Some calll it food funerals, I prefer to say it's the looming anxiety of CHANGE AND FEAR..  You know it's coming and is scary.  Food has for most of us always been a source of comfort and a "friend" to us.

As much as we want our lives to change, so much so that we are willing to have surgery........change is hard!!  Perhaps journaling when you are feeling like eating...take note of how you are feeling and the emotion and why you think that eating at that very moment will calm you...and write it down.  You may start to notice some obvious patterns.  You can then make a plan for the future to reprogram your reactions.

Believe you can achieve ANYTHING  you are worth it !!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

JubileeRocks
on 1/23/17 9:25 am

I can tell you that I was definitely up in weight when I went to my pre-op appointment and no-one even batted an eye.  I am having my surgery one week from today and I believe I spent all of December and the first half of January eating everything. I even wrote grocery lists with the item "foods I will never eat again" on them. LOL

But I have been doing Optifast for a week now, and although the first 4 days were extremely hard, it has paid off because I have lost all that extra weight that I gained and then some.

MC_Akeson
on 1/23/17 8:39 pm - Ontario, Canada

Hi! I'm also a week away from surgery and went through the same food funeral as you in Dec. and Jan. LOL Just finished 2 out of 3 weeks of Optifast and didn't have issues but I think it's because of the mental process I did before hand

RNY: Jan. 31, 2017, Ottawa Civic with Dr. Amy Neville

5' 2"; HW (@ start of Optifast): 267 & 45.5% BF; SW: 247

leeann73
on 1/24/17 2:50 am

Thanks everyone.  I did gain 3 pounds but overall down 5.8 from the start.  I am having my surgery in Guelph.  At the class yesterday they said Guelph is very strict about weight gain - so - I have time to get back on track and it has started today.  I really wish I could just go on Optifast now until this is over so that I didn't have to think about food.  Thanks for all your support.

Most Active
Recent Topics